Drunk boating

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I looked at that pic for a long time trying to figure out how the boat did that damage and then ended up in front of the house. Maybe going about 45 degrees to the shore from right to left, launched into the house and rolled off? Maybe a barrel roll in there? No way they hit the shore square and just bounced back.

All I know is they must have been hauling ass and are crazy lucky nobody died.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I see (4) 300-hp outboards on the back of that thing.
Maybe if the qualified captain had one more, he'd have been able to clear the house.
My wife and I drove to Redondo Beach and back, we paid $5.60 a gallon for gas (87 octane) at one Chevron station. I wonder how much fuel those four motors burned (burnt?) when wide open, pedal to the metal, stomped? Amazing no one was killed outright.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
I looked at that pic for a long time trying to figure out how the boat did that damage and then ended up in front of the house. Maybe going about 45 degrees to the shore from right to left, launched into the house and rolled off? Maybe a barrel roll in there? No way they hit the shore square and just bounced back.

I think you nailed it. Hit the house at an angle, gave it a nice hullside grind, and then rolled off into the porch and onto the yard. 10/10

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
My wife and I drove to Redondo Beach and back, we paid $5.60 a gallon for gas (87 octane) at one Chevron station. I wonder how much fuel those four motors burned (burnt?) when wide open, pedal to the metal, stomped? Amazing no one was killed outright.
Gas east of the Ohio River is currently $3.79 a gallon. 2 weeks ago it was $3.56. In some places, as in Lake of the Ozarks, it was $3.25 a gallon.

How big is the simultaneous burn rate on 4ea. 300 hp 4 strokes @3700 rpm ?

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Probably burning 80-125 gallons an hour I would guess. Possibly more, thats just a rough guess based on what Mark's 42' boat with triple 300s will burn if we really push it. This boat has more HP but I would imagine is likely a bit lighter with no pilot house and such.

I've seen 85 GPH come across the burn gauge on Mark's boat when running wide open.

Last edited:

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Probably burning 80-125 gallons an hour I would guess. Possibly more, thats just a rough guess based on what Mark's 42' boat with triple 300s will burn if we really push it. This boat has more HP but I would imagine is likely a bit lighter with no pilot house and such.

I've seen 85 GPH come across the burn gauge on Mark's boat when running wide open.
Jeeeeze. Yeah my single 225 is hitting like 8gph when I'm cruising.

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Jeeeeze. Yeah my single 225 is hitting like 8gph when I'm cruising.

Ya thats awfully sweet. On the boat I run with twin Honda 250s I burn about 30 gallons an hour fully wide open on a flat ocean. Worse on sloppy water. I'm always glad I'm not footing the fuel bill.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Ya thats awfully sweet. On the boat I run with twin Honda 250s I burn about 30 gallons an hour fully wide open on a flat ocean. Worse on sloppy water. I'm always glad I'm not footing the fuel bill.
I wondered what that was on my foot!
signed,
happy tuna client

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Correct, more speed and more vodka.

One of the passengers seriously hurt was also identified as 28-year-old Alex Pratt, of Pratt Racing and the “Good Boy Vodka” boat out of Niles, Michigan.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter

Sounds like they were running at night, and didn't make out the point this house was on. The aerial photos make it make a bit more sense.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Sounds like they were running at night, and didn't make out the point this house was on. The aerial photos make it make a bit more sense.
The chopper footage in that video makes it a little more clear what likely happened as far as angle they must have hit at.

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Aren't drunk boating and boating the same thing? Kinda redundant to add that first word....

(Don't worry, I don't even drink, I'm not out there wasted)