NFR Dog Kennel Recommendations

Non-fishing related

Little Fork

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I’m looking for recommendations for good dog kennels for the back of a pickup. I’d like my dog to stay relatively warm and dry while on the road in the rain and cold. There seem to be a lot of well-made options but wanted to know if any of you had found a manufacturer that you particularly like. I thank you and my dog Paul thanks you.

Skimr

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I have a Dakota 283 crate. Really stout, very heavy and can be strapped down in the bed of the truck. Have a 75 lb lab and use the XL. Use it as a sleeping crate so full of pads when go upland hunting. They are spendy, but sometimes they have scratch and dent sales and you can get a good deal. The downside for me is it’s heavy so moving it in/out of a truck has become problematic. But it is one stout crate.

Cliff

Steelhead
I use a Ruff Land kennels for my two English setters. I am an upland bird hunter so I'm out there on the highways all the time. My dogs run 50lbs and 43lbs and I use the intermediate size. These are a huge cut above the typical dog crates you see popping up on Craigslist and FB Marketplace, but they aren't overkill like some really expensive kennels. They offer a lot of protection for your dogs and not nearly as heavy as most other high-end crates. Here's the link: https://rufflandkennels.com/product-category/kennels/