Does this qualify for this section of our forum?

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Bless her heart, my dear wife was at an old antiques store in Sisters OR and spotted this rod and reel combo in the corner. $40 (even sales tax free, thank you Oregon) and it found a new home with me. I fished it on the Crooked River this week where it fished great. The rod is a very early Lamiglas graphite (sorry forum users) that doesn't mention the type of graphite, just the rod length of 8-1/2' and line weights of 5/6. So it might be first generation which means delightfully slow for graphite. The reel is one of my all-time favorites, the pleasant Scientific Anglers System 7 made by Hardy...a Marquis basically rebadged. Given the slower action of the rod I fished it with a six weight line that usually is fished on my bamboo rods, an Ultra Heritage. Glad to get the old gear back out and somehow I seem to prefer this $40 combo over most modern rods and reels. Just prior to taking this pic, a 15" bow put a nice bend in the rod and made the old System 7 sing. If the Crooked didn't have greased bowling balls for a bottom I'd have managed a photo with the fish too, but alas, I'd already taken an unplanned seat on the stream bed and didn't want to risk doing so again with cell phone in hand. Cheers!
[url=https://postimg.cc/mtgDpG5d][/URL]

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
For God's sake flip the line guard around!
O' Clarkii, the photo sure does make it look like a rubber winding check is laying flat over the wrap next to the cork so I went and took a closer look...its actually bare blank between the wrap and the cork. Whatever was there originally is now gone, somewhere along its long journey to my rod collection. I'll think about filling the spot with trim wraps to match the rod but might just leave it as-is...its lead a hard and hopefully productive life, LOL.

G_Smolt

Legend
O' Clarkii, the photo sure does make it look like a rubber winding check is laying flat over the wrap next to the cork so I went and took a closer look...its actually bare blank between the wrap and the cork. Whatever was there originally is now gone, somewhere along its long journey to my rod collection. I'll think about filling the spot with trim wraps to match the rod but might just leave it as-is...its lead a hard and hopefully productive life, LOL.
He was referring to the reel. The line guards on 'em were default RHW