Does Anyone Know This Fly Tyer

MT_Flyfisher

Life of the Party
I bought these framed flies in a shop that was located in the Portland airport. It had to have been at least 20 years ago, and perhaps longer than that.

The tyer was Andrew (Andy) Hatfield, and he lived either in Portland, or close by, according to a card with his phone number glued on the back of the frame.

I thought he tied some nice flies, and not that it really matters, but I’m curious if anyone here may know him, or anything about him. ??

AE95C6E9-D7FE-4950-8C1D-9349014D0B2A.jpeg

Hillbilly Redneck

wishin I was fishin
Pretty sure it’s the same guy. Andy lived out on the prairie east of Darrington with his wife and two daughters. Andy worked for Seattle City Light and his wife was a teacher. My wife teaches also, so I would see Andy at social gatherings quite often. I knew Andy had worked in the fly fishing industry in Oregon but I never really asked him about it. We mostly compared notes on our experiences fishing around here. Andy is probably close to retirement age if not already.
I think Andy originally was from back east. Maybe went to college in Oregon and stayed there a while. I‘m not sure. His wife is the sister of Dr. Schillhammer‘s wife who has been the town doctor since 1984. I’m guessing that’s what brought them to Darrington. They moved out of the area 6 or 7 years ago. My wife thinks they moved to Watcom County somewhere.
Or, these were tied by a completely different Andy Hatfield and I have no idea.

MT_Flyfisher

Life of the Party
Pretty sure it’s the same guy. Andy lived out on the prairie east of Darrington with his wife and two daughters. Andy worked for Seattle City Light and his wife was a teacher. My wife teaches also, so I would see Andy at social gatherings quite often. I knew Andy had worked in the fly fishing industry in Oregon but I never really asked him about it. We mostly compared notes on our experiences fishing around here. Andy is probably close to retirement age if not already.
I think Andy originally was from back east. Maybe went to college in Oregon and stayed there a while. I‘m not sure. His wife is the sister of Dr. Schillhammer‘s wife who has been the town doctor since 1984. I’m guessing that’s what brought them to Darrington. They moved out of the area 6 or 7 years ago. My wife thinks they moved to Watcom County somewhere.
Or, these were tied by a completely different Andy Hatfield and I have no idea.
Thanks for your reply. It sounds like the Andy Hatfield you’re referring to is a different guy. The Andy Hatfield that tied the flies that I have showed a Portland, OR telephone # on the back of the frame that the flies are mounted in.

Hillbilly Redneck

wishin I was fishin
The Andy I knew is the one on this page.