Depth finder for lakes

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I'm using the Scotty #268 Float Tube Fish Finder and Transducer Mount for my Striker. When in the raft, I mount the Striker to the OSG integrated pad on top of the raft tube and just the transducer mount is in play. It's basically zip-tied to the Transducer mount and then a strap through the mount around the tube.
When in my Commander I use Fish Finder mount as well. Same idea. Bolt the Striker to the mount and strap it on the tube. The transducer strapped to the other tube.
Here is a pic of the kit that come on Amazon-
1708387098088.png

The big plate is for the finder, the small plate for the transducer.

Here's the Striker mounted on the big plate on my Commander-
20210301_103757.jpg

Here is how the transducer looks on my raft-

1708387197018.png

You just have to remember to loosen and swing the transducer out of the water before landing!! I've scraped mine a couple times by forgetting.

Good luck!

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
I'm using the Scotty #268 Float Tube Fish Finder and Transducer Mount for my Striker. When in the raft, I mount the Striker to the OSG integrated pad on top of the raft tube and just the transducer mount is in play. It's basically zip-tied to the Transducer mount and then a strap through the mount around the tube.
When in my Commander I use Fish Finder mount as well. Same idea. Bolt the Striker to the mount and strap it on the tube. The transducer strapped to the other tube.
View attachment 104064

View attachment 104066

View attachment 104065

You just have to remember to loosen and swing the transducer out of the water before landing!! I've scraped mine a couple times by forgetting.

Good luck!
Does that read 39 F? Gonna need a shore break!

Thanks for suggesting the Scotty mount. I have a striker on the way and I’m not sure whether the Scotty or fish finder mounts website option will be better.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Does that read 39 F? Gonna need a shore break!

Thanks for suggesting the Scotty mount. I have a striker on the way and I’m not sure whether the Scotty or fish finder mounts website option will be better.
Haha! Yep! The good news with the Commander is I can have my feet out of the water when watching bobbers. The raft is definitely warmer though!

LBL

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Outcast I’ll post some pics later if anyone is interested.
I have these
94EA03A0-36B5-4E04-85E9-FA151F995C8F.png

013E1878-C63B-4518-9D9F-326B9D95942F.png
Scotty Transducer mount
F7721883-882B-4496-90E1-D4945AD326A9.png
Scotty track
22A3ED02-5AD6-44C3-8A7E-83D2E25B41E2.png
And Scotty glue on pad.
And a Scotty fish finder mount.

Here’s the trick. Instead of gluing on the pad I slipped it between the inner tube and the external fabric. I then took a hot punch and CAREFULLY made holes corresponding to the nuts in the glue on pad. Then screwed the track in place. Attached the track mounted transducer arm and finder and Bobs your uncle.
The track is all you see when everything is off the tube. I even installed this inside of my big pocket so it’s not visible at all. When I install the transducer arm I just leave the pocket part way open. Works great and very clean install.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
If my uncle Bob wears a bra he's my aunt.

Last edited:

Cowlitz Bottomfeeder

Life of the Party
View attachment 104064

View attachment 104066

View attachment 104065

Good luck!
Are there any videos or written instructions on how to attach the Garmin 4 to the mounting plate?

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My Garmin Striker 4 came with the rudimentary mounting instructions below and some mounting screws. The Scotty packages usually come with some mounting hardware as well. Based on the Amazon reviews for the Scotty 268, you'll likely have to drill one or more holes in the plastic plate for the Striker 4 base but that shouldn't be a big deal.

1710441215066.png

Cowlitz Bottomfeeder

Life of the Party
My Garmin Striker 4 came with the rudimentary mounting instructions below and some mounting screws. The Scotty packages usually come with some mounting hardware as well. Based on the Amazon reviews for the Scotty 268, you'll likely have to drill one or more holes in the plastic plate for the Striker 4 base but that shouldn't be a big deal.

View attachment 106789
Thanks. That helps a lot.