Demo Casting for a Celebrity

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The other day I was fishing for pinks, directly across from a local outdoor store, which is perched on the edge of the river. I was using a switch rod and was alone on the run. As I was casting, I noticed someone standing in the window, watching me. He stayed there, seeming transfixed on my casting...so, in consideration of his rapt attention, I began to feel obligated to show what a spey caster can do. I ran through a medley of a dozen or so casts, which, for some reason, all seemed to behave as they should, and I was feeling pretty good about them....so good, in fact that, had the bottom been more even, I might have moonwalked between casts for extra points. After a while, I waded back out, with the admiring eyes still on me, and hiked back out to my vehicle. My return drive took me across a bridge alongside the store, and allowed me a closer look at the watcher in the window. Turns out, it was just a lifesize carving of world renowned fishing icon, and local celebrity, Roderick Haig Brown.....(I had to drop into the store for a photo op.....:rolleyes: )
My buddy who works in the store had a good laugh when I asked him to move RHB from the window...as some people are easily confused.

haig brown carving.jpg

Last edited: