day at a small put and take lake

Took the drift boat instead of the pontoon because the weather forecast said no wind. Wrong, so had issues holding my position on the lake while landing fish and had to apologize to a couple fellow anglers who luckily were very understanding. Also curious why I was catching and they weren't so ended up handing out a few flies Around noon anchored up and had lunch and waited for the breeze to let up but it didn't. While anchored I cast and stripped and hooked a couple but the best action was while on a slow troll. Finally got tired and went back to the launch where a couple guys helped put the boat back on the trailer and so handed out more flies. Have some tying to do. It was a tiring but still a good say. At 81 having fun is getting tougher but I ain't quitting............yet.DSCF3289.JPGDSCF3291.JPGDSCF3290.JPGDSCF3292.JPG

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
From one octogenarian to another-good job! I too fished a small put and take lake yesterday with my friend Krusty and his grandson. We were the only guys on the lake as per usual and I caught approximately 2 dozen fish with the largest being around 17''. Over half of them were taken on a size 14 Halfback that took fish until it completely disintegrated.

Having fun indeed! Next week I am floating a big Montana river for 2 days with a guide-more fun. Keep having fun-it ain't over till it's over!!

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
From one octogenarian to another-good job! I too fished a small put and take lake yesterday with my friend Krusty and his grandson. We were the only guys on the lake as per usual and I caught approximately 2 dozen fish with the largest being around 17''. Over half of them were taken on a size 14 Halfback that took fish until it completely disintegrated.

Having fun indeed! Next week I am floating a big Montana river for 2 days with a guide-more fun. Keep having fun-it ain't over till it's over!!
Have a great time. My old fishing buddy use to say the word "quit" is not in my vocabulary.

Mike Ediger

Steelhead
Forum Supporter

Ive, I am convinced you could catch a dozen fish on a size 14 Halfback at any lake in the country, just about any time of the year.

Scott Salzer

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’ve - a halfback? What a surprise.. I still have some you gave me. Can I have more?

Have fun in Montana.