Daily & Posession limits Question.

How many fish can you retain?

• 4 fish total

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 6 fish total

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 2 fish total

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Oh ffff off you knuckle dragging meathead. Real fly fisherman catch and release.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

the_chemist

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Posession limit is two daily limits. If you limit in an area with a two fish limit and then go to an area with a four fish limit can you catch an additional two fish for a total of four or another four fish for a total of six?

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
You're mixing two things. Your daily limit and possession limit.

Your daily limit is how many you can tag in a day. This is what you're referencing when you bring up switching spots on the same day. If you go from an area with a two fish limit, to a 4 fish limit you would be fine, but not the reverse.

You could have another unprocessed limit in your posession that was tagged on a prior day. So in theory up to 8 in possession if you fished the 4 fish limit water last on the second day.

Last edited:

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Fishing regulations are too complicated for me to decipher. If I was looking to have a fish fry, I would just fish a lake with good populations of crappie and or perch and kill to my heart's content. Not that I've ever done that. First I'd have to learn how to fillet and skin a crappie and perch.

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
A similar question:

Lets say I am fishing a river that is open for Chinook in one section but not sockeye, but sockeye in another section and not Chinook. Would I be able to retain a Chinook, and then fish the section open for sockeye, and vice versa?

RCF

Life of the Party
If they are trout I only have them in my possession from the water to the short jaunt to base camp and into a cooking device of choice. They change in flavor within an hour of being caught. Nothing like very fresh trout.

CRO

Steelhead
A similar question:

Lets say I am fishing a river that is open for Chinook in one section but not sockeye, but sockeye in another section and not Chinook. Would I be able to retain a Chinook, and then fish the section open for sockeye, and vice versa?
You would not be able to have the Chinook in your possesion(be it boat, Vehicle, carrying). They cite people in Puget Sound for Possesion of non legal species from one area to another. You dont want to explain to a warden that you caught it in another area.

Last edited:
Anyone who is relevant in the fishing game is well aware of My Main Amendment at this point but for the new- to-the-game types who may not understand: Under My Main Amendment, any rule is no longer a rule if you disagree fundamentally with the rule. Gaining traction in the foremost courts!!!