Curious if you had 10 days….

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
Idaho as it’s close, spent 10 days last summer on the St Joe.
then Montana, not major rivers, to many with hot water, so small head waters…

Yard Sale

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This time of year? Oregon. 8 day float down the GR and 2 days in the shower afterwards.

jasmillo

}=)))*>
Forum Supporter
I’d do all of the first three listed. WA, ID and MT in mid to late July. Start on the beaches in WA for a couple of days. Put three or four fat rezzies on ice for the campsites and then head east, fishing streams in all three states along the way. Then take a slightly different route on the way back and do the same. Throw a tube or pontoon in the vehicle as well for lakes. I’ve done variations of that trip a number of times the last 10 years with half the time you have. Ten days gives you lots of options.

flybill

Life of the Party
MT hands down.. late April or late September on... My last big MT trip was, 16 days, alone, although I met some friends.. OMJ and met quite a few others.. A big ziploc of cigars.. hanging with guides and Rooster Leavens.. Joe.. lots of cheap beer.. expensive whiskey.. hella fun!

13 rivers and one lake... one day not fishing.. needed a break from the sun and went to a muesem in Bozman.. saw Sue the dino! HA! My little sis is named Sue!! :cool:

flybill

Life of the Party
Right now, I would probably do some time on the Deschutes.. so OR.. some time on the Yakima, it's cold but in great shape!

Loved my trip to the St Joe years ago, not sure how it fishes this time of year.. I would assume well. Marble Creek is a must hit area, a feeder creek into the St Joe. We stayed near Avery, so many options right on the river!

Next week, I'm going sea run cutthroat fishing with some friends on Monday over by Port Townshend.

Will probably go back to the Yak at the end of the week, maybe even on Thanksgiving! Might just buzz ove to the upper Yak and check out Salmon La Sac..

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I'd do....coasts. WA from Neah Bay down through OR to the CA border. I love adventure, surf, and open water fishing probably more than streams or lakes/ponds. (this from a guy whose only boat is a 15 ft kayak)

The challenges of tides, winds, and access give me the adventure I crave plus the variety I want.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Oregon coast in late Sept - early October.

Saltwater: Tuna, salmon, rockfish, lings, surf perch.

Freshwater: Tidewater salmon if no rain. River salmon and summer steelhead if rainy weather has started. Trout and bass in coastal lakes. Possibly even striped bass on a few south coast rivers.

JudyM

Steelhead
Alaska and San Juans. Stop at Friday Harbor before going to Juneau, Alaska to visit my cousin and family up there. Love to do some fishing and crabbing with them. it has been a while since being in Anchorage in the early 80's during New Years Eve. No fishing during that time. Cuz was just starting to work at Alaska Air.

Bakerite

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
From W. Washington, lived in NW Montana 8, and NEO 20, EW 5 and just had the most enjoyable fishing of my life with my son in SEO. It's all great , but might choose Eastern ID, with a stop at Duck Valley on the way.

MELinOre

Steelhead
Oregon......................some time ago I decided that I didn't have the time to fish all the available waters in Oregon. For some reason I seem to have narrowed it down to the same 10 lakes/reservoirs each year.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
OREGON ! I could start in the middle and fish different water for a lot more than 10 days within a few hours of travel. I'm glad to see a lot of you going elsewhere. I like a little solitude.

James St. Clair

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
What time of year?

I know where I would go....30 minutes from my driveway between late June and end of Ocrober.

Part of that is being able to come home (cost of staying, eating out, etc.) I love traveling, but damn it's expensive right now.

Fernie, BC would be my 2nd choice if cost is no issue and you want to get out of town.

From the home water, and these are just the ones I took pictures of... (30 minutes from driveway water):20231020_161610.jpg
20231018_160424.jpg20231013_143343.jpg