Crap at the Ramp

Had a couple hours today to wet a line for the first time in 2024.
Geared up and bounced over to lake Killarney in Federal Way.
I pulled into the parking area and Parked next to the launch is a beat up 1990's Honda Civic with two piles of crap smoking crap from aluminum foil.
Just Great!
No other cars in the lot so I made the decision to pull a u-turn and just go home.
Not going to deal with this crappy crap, crap. today.

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Tom, it's gotten that way on all the lakes and many of the parks in that general area. Killarney, North Lake, Geneva, Trout and Star all have homeless campers and rampant open drug use. Complaints to county mainly go unanswered.

About the only one in the area that doesnt seem to have ALL those issues is Five Mile, and I'm still not sure about it.

Sadly, Trout and Star Lakes are surrounded by mcmansions with hundreds of people and still have problems with druggies and homeless around the boat ramps or parking areas.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I was expecting a honey bucket story. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, it sucks that parks are being taken over like that. I get there are people in need of shelter, but parking right by a public launch and smoking their stuff ain't it.

There are plenty of places in SE King County I no longer fish. Some that are damn good fishing too. It's just not worth getting windows smashed...or worse.

SteelHeadDave

Broskioner
Forum Supporter
That sucks. I hate it when a fishing trip is ruined by sketchers. I used to fish a lake near there quite a bit for bass. One July night I decided to stay later than I normally do to see what the popper bite would do. It was dark by the time I got off the lake and there was only one other truck parked in the lot at that time. I walked towards my car and started deflating my float tube and started gearing down. Had my waders down to my knees when a fresh out of prison looking dude wearing a wife beater appeared out of nowhere and asked me for a ride up the road. I said no and blamed it on all the stuff in my car. He clearly did not like that answer and proceeded to mill around my car looking at me and all of my gear for a few minutes as I frantically threw my stuff in the car, trying not to look threatened. I felt completely defenseless and he was definitely scheming on robbing me the whole time. I’m glad I have a good amount of street smarts and was able to talk to him in a way that avoided a situation. He finally walked away and towards the boat launch where the last person was still fishing. I quickly threw my gear in the car, rods intact and took off. As I was driving out of the lot I saw the other fisherman running to his truck in a panic. I called the police and they made contact with him. They said he was known to them but not much they could do given the lack of an actual crime. That’s the last time I’ve fished an urban lake until dark.

BigSplashTom

Steelhead
That sucks. I hate it when a fishing trip is ruined by sketchers. I used to fish a lake near there quite a bit for bass. One July night I decided to stay later than I normally do to see what the popper bite would do. It was dark by the time I got off the lake and there was only one other truck parked in the lot at that time. I walked towards my car and started deflating my float tube and started gearing down. Had my waders down to my knees when a fresh out of prison looking dude wearing a wife beater appeared out of nowhere and asked me for a ride up the road. I said no and blamed it on all the stuff in my car. He clearly did not like that answer and proceeded to mill around my car looking at me and all of my gear for a few minutes as I frantically threw my stuff in the car, trying not to look threatened. I felt completely defenseless and he was definitely scheming on robbing me the whole time. I’m glad I have a good amount of street smarts and was able to talk to him in a way that avoided a situation. He finally walked away and towards the boat launch where the last person was still fishing. I quickly threw my gear in the car, rods intact and took off. As I was driving out of the lot I saw the other fisherman running to his truck in a panic. I called the police and they made contact with him. They said he was known to them but not much they could do given the lack of an actual crime. That’s the last time I’ve fished an urban lake until dark.
Thats the kind of story that keeps a person awake at night.
It also makes me feel better about my decision to leave.

Scottybs

Head Master Flyfisher In Charge
Forum Supporter
CCW…

Scottybs

Forum Supporter
They should at least have to purchase an access pass like we have to!
They may identify as Access Pass holders. Don’t jump to the wrong conclusions, the newest protected class of TTCCG (tweaker/thieves/catalytic converter grabbers) may be offended.

Last edited:

BriGuy

Life of the Party
Too bad Louisville Sluggers don't qualify as emotional support animals. Or, do they...
They may identify as Access Pass holders. Don’t jump to the wrong conclusions, the newest protected class of TTCCG (tweaker/thieves/catalytic converter grabbers) may be offended.

Too bad Louisville Sluggers don't qualify as emotional support animals. Or, do they...

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Not to worry crap like this happens in cities too.

Had the crazy neighbor lady key both of my cars (no witnesses, cameras…no charges could be made) and then a few days later leave her soiled diaper on my front step (CAUGHT ON CAMERA!!!) …again no charges, as I live in an apartment and my step is considered “common area”…landlord has to press the charges and she refused to.

It’s a crappy world that we have devolved into these days.

Last edited:

Scottybs

Forum Supporter
Not to worry crap like this happens in cities too.

Had the crazy neighbor lady key both of my cars (no witnesses, cameras…no charges could be made) and then a few days later leave her soiled diaper on my front step (CAUGHT ON CAMERA!!!) …again no charges, as I live in an apartment and my step is considered “common area”…landlord has to press the charges and she refused to.

It’s crappy world that we have devolved into these days.
Hopefully karma catches up with her sooner rather than later… you just may need to expedite the meeting.

1708069245181.gif

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Had a couple hours today to wet a line for the first time in 2024.
Geared up and bounced over to lake Killarney in Federal Way.
I pulled into the parking area and Parked next to the launch is a beat up 1990's Honda Civic with two piles of crap smoking crap from aluminum foil.
Just Great!
No other cars in the lot so I made the decision to pull a u-turn and just go home.
Not going to deal with this crappy crap, crap. today.
Good chance the Honda was stolen. Next time it might not hurt to get the plate # and call it in. I would like to think car theft still gets LE attention.

SilverFly

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I figured this was gonna have something to do with gas station breakfast and the first cup of coffee while headed to the lake
Lol. "Gas station" and "breakfast" implies "well-lubricated" food from the get-go. Topping off a greasy burrito with the "miracle of coffee" could have undesired consequences.