SFR Corner crossing update

Sorta fishing-related

Divad

Whitefish
Scott Skavdahl made the right decision, now I hope it’s withheld.

The taxpayer has the right to tax paid land. I’d love to see a backfire of “must allow an easement installed.” That would shut them up about corner crossing real quick.

Jim F.

Still a Genuine Montana Fossil
Unfortunately large tracts of Montana, including public land has been/is being converted to private fishing/hunting/playgrounds for the wealthy elite.

JudyM

Steelhead
Is this not what the series, "Yellowstone" is loosely based on?

Billy

Big poppa
Staff member
Admin
If it's public land, the public should have the right to go there. Period.
How is this even something people are discussing with a straight face?
The same exact group is fighting on the other hand for grazing rights on public land...

"For years we’ve watched American Prairie Reserve acquire ranch after ranch in Montana and take them out of agricultural production.

But there’s one critical factor that could derail APR’s entire plan. Throughout their target area are BLM grazing allotments currently reserved for livestock. APR wants to “retire” & “rewild” these allotments, and they’ve asked BLM to change their policy to allow them to do so. In July 2022 BLM approved that request. "

Paul_

Life of the Party
I had no idea about any of this until this thread.

I found this interesting and gave a history of the case (corner crossing info starts around the 30 minute mark). Sorry if this is repeated info-

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I had no idea about any of this until this thread.

I found this interesting and gave a history of the case (corner crossing info starts around the 30 minute mark). Sorry if this is repeated info-

There's another episode of meateater they have the actual hunters that are being sued on the show. It's interesting hearing the accounting of the situation from their perspective. Episode 342.

BigSky_ 2

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Unfortunately large tracts of Montana, including public land has been/is being converted to private fishing/hunting/playgrounds for the wealthy elite.
Ted Turner top of the list, no friend to local hunters or fishermen.

Reactions: JS

Westfly Refugee

Steelhead
This dispute is a good reason to support and kick a few dollars up to Backcountry Hunters & Anglers.
BHA provided resources in this precedent setting litigation so that the citizen hunters weren't steam rollered by the uber wealthy landowner's lawyers.
If this goes on appeal, I fully expect BHA to remain engaged.

GLC

Smolt
He is a California transplant.
Technically yes, you could label Montana's Governor Gianforte as a California transplant. He was born in San Diego and moved to Pennsylvania at the age of 3 where he lived until he left to attend college in New Jersey. He Co-founded a software company while living in New Jersey that was purchased by Oracle Corp. in 2011, it was then than he left New Jersey and moved to Montana. At his current age of 62, 3 years of residency as an infant in California hardly supports the mantra of "another California transplant" ruining Montana though.

RCF

Life of the Party
Technically yes, you could label Montana's Governor Gianforte as a California transplant. He was born in San Diego and moved to Pennsylvania at the age of 3 where he lived until he left to attend college in New Jersey. He Co-founded a software company while living in New Jersey that was purchased by Oracle Corp. in 2011, it was then than he left New Jersey and moved to Montana. At his current age of 62, 3 years of residency as an infant in California hardly supports the mantra of "another California transplant" ruining Montana though.

Damn those East Coaster transplants...