Confused about SAE connector pos/neg wires...

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I use these on the trolling motor to battery setup. In between I have the same connectors on the PWM unit so all 3 pieces are quick connects. The beauty of the setup is that should the PWM fail-and they sometimes do-I can just take it out of the system and use the trolling motor the old way. Nice connectors, not waterproof.

Chad D.

Smolt
I thought about using those as I've heard they are tougher. But NOCO doesn't make an adapter for those for its chargers and I'm hoping to make it one integrated setup. So I'll probably just go with the SAE for now.
I hear ya. It’s tough to clip off a perfectly good connector! My Dometic truck beer fridge came with a POS hard plastic cigarette lighter type plug on it. I kept trying to keep it together because it would fall apart all the time. I was about to order a whole new cord when I thought about Anderson plugs. I swapped out the outlet I’d installed in my bed for a dual Anderson outlet and cut the plug off my fridge cord. Have had exactly zero issues since…

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I use these on the trolling motor to battery setup. In between I have the same connectors on the PWM unit so all 3 pieces are quick connects. The beauty of the setup is that should the PWM fail-and they sometimes do-I can just take it out of the system and use the trolling motor the old way. Nice connectors, not waterproof.
That's what I have done with my SAE plugs also. It actually came into play on the last trip to Henry's Lake. The weak point in all my wiring was right at the PWM connections. One of my crimp on connectors came loose after a year and half of shuttling it around. I have since rectified the problem and it should be good to go for a long time.