College Football 2023

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am surprised, with all the different sports to be played, parents still let their kids play football.
CTE's has been proven in football, it doesn't get better and the illnesses
don't go away.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
I don't know...
Pretty much fish or talk shit about anybody, anywhere...
It's not limited to those 6 toed inbreds in Idaho.
😁🤣

Last edited:

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Driving away coaches, perhaps Chris Petersen saw it all coming and got out before all of this crap….

Nick Saban….at some coaching clinic

"Someone with one of the best corners in the nation (in high school) came to me and asked if we’d pay them $800,000 for the player to sign here. I told him he can find another place to play," Saban said, according to Baker High School coach Steve Normand. "I’m not paying a kid a bunch of NIL money before he earns it."

Nick Saban walks off the field following the loss to LSU

Head coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide leaves the field after a game against the LSU Tigers at Tiger Stadium Nov. 5, 2022, in Baton Rouge, La. (Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)
Normand added that Saban feels the NCAA "needs more ways and means to control it because it’s getting out of hand."

Saban later added that he lost 10 players, including a starter, to the portal already.

"One of them wanted $500,000 and for us to get his girlfriend into law school at Alabama and pay for it. I showed him the door," Saban reportedly said.

Cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
Forum Supporter
How the tables have turned between the old days of athletes as indentured servants to the athletes driving the bus. There was interview with Jeff Hafley, former head football coach at Boston College and new defensive coordinator of the Packers, in which he said that he switched to the NFL because he was frustrated with chasing NIL money and constant transferring that transformed his job from coach to dynamic general manager balancing NIL fund raising and the transfer portal for a minor university in the NCAA football universe.
And now a regional office the National Labor Relations Board has ruled that the men's basketball players at Dartmouth College as employees and can unionize. There may be some limits to this ruling as it is not a ruling by the full NLRB board and it applied to the Ivy League which does not award athletic scholarships per se (only financial need, but athletic prowess does factor into admissions). But the arguments could be applicable across college athletics. Only the most financially-secure schools can afford to pay all their athletes (Title IX...) as employees, especially health care and workers comp for injuries. Brave New World...
Steve