College Football 2023

RCF

Life of the Party
Dang! WSU is looking very good right now. They do need to cleanup the penalties tho...

Hope they do not coug it...

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Cougs are beating the cheezy badgers and I'm liking it. Meanwhile the red raiders are giving my Ducks all they want. Ducks are not playing a very clean game.....too many penalties. Won't win conference games like that.

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Damn, one of those times you are sad your suspicions are confirmed...

I'm not feeling the Tommy Rees / Jalen Milroe combo as a contender. With an unimaginative game plan, tons of penaties and a couple dumb interceptions, I'm surprised Texas didn't win bigger. I wish Bama would have put in one of the other QB's as they've done in similar situations to at least try to spark something.

Sark outcoached Sabin tonight and Ewers played like a pro. Congrats to the 'horns.

Hoping we learned something from this that carries over into conference play. Roll TIde!

Shad

Life of the Party

I'm not feeling the Tommy Rees / Jalen Milroe combo as a contender. With an unimaginative game plan, tons of penaties and a couple dumb interceptions, I'm surprised Texas didn't win bigger. I wish Bama would have put in one of the other QB's as they've done in similar situations to at least try to spark something.

Sark outcoached Sabin tonight and Ewers played like a pro. Congrats to the 'horns.

Hoping we learned something from this that carries over into conference play. Roll TIde!
It's looking like Texas-Alabama is going to be a great SEC rivalry, if the past two meetings are any indication. So far, each team owns a win on the other's home turf. Should be fun....

As a Texas alum, I'm also looking forward to the return of the Texas-A&M series... losing to Baylor or TCU just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving....

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Milroe reminds me a bit of Jalen Hurts when he was young and inconsistent in the passing game. He looks to run too quickly as well. The guy is athletic so hopefully with more playing time it will click for him.
SF

Shad

Life of the Party
Milroe reminds me a bit of Jalen Hurts when he was young and inconsistent in the passing game. He looks to run too quickly as well. The guy is athletic so hopefully with more playing time it will click for him.
SF
He's crazy fast and has a rocket arm. I think he's going to be just fine, too...

jact55

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nice game by WSU. When was the last time they were in the top 25?

I feel like the PAC12 might be the deepest it has been in years. Can't believe they couldn't successfully market this quality product and keep the conference intact.
Issue is they're are dumb and didn't schedule mostly morning and early afternoon games.
Too late for east coast coverage, and even folks on west are burnt out from games all day.
Maybe there is network politics where they couldn't schedule on bigger networks earlier, but the fact they weren't trying all they could for years and years to get earlier is the dumbest business practice I've seen

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
How ironic. Pac 12 might be the strongest conference yet breaking up because it wasn’t strong enough….. and the Wazuu beats perineal (yeah that spot ) Wisconsin 😆

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nice game by WSU. When was the last time they were in the top 25?

I feel like the PAC12 might be the deepest it has been in years. Can't believe they couldn't successfully market this quality product and keep the conference intact.
I agree. I have said for years that if any one of those powerhouse southern conference teams had to play in the Pac 12 they would rarely, if ever, go 13-0. In the Pac 12 you had to play in the desert heat, in driving rain, in fog, in snow, in numbing cold and at high altitude plus play a full schedule instead of the reduced conference schedule at play in the southern schools. Down south the weather is reasonably uniform and the elevation near sea level. To me the Pac 12 product was always better, far less predictable and a great deal more interesting. Hard to believe that it all turned to shit as a result of mismanagement.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
How ironic. Pac 12 might be the strongest conference yet breaking up because it wasn’t strong enough….. and the Wazuu beats perineal (yeah that spot ) Wisconsin 😆
not really all that ironic considering the management at the top who fucked it all up.

btw, I've got no dog in that fight, but it sure as hell was fun to watch everything that went down today

RCF

Life of the Party
PAC-12 is 22 and 2 after 2 weeks. Amazing!

Will be fun to watch conference games and see what transpires.

Just think about what happens if one of them are in the national championship race.

JudyM

Steelhead
Had to go to my Nieces home to watch the Ducks. Wow, lead changed 5 times, but the Ducks came on top.
The looks of those Texas youngones when they lost..... Great game, Ducks had to work hard.

Reactions: RCF

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
The Bethune-Cookman Wildcats gave their near annual beating of the Savannah State Tigers to the tune of 31-6.
The whipping yesterday brings their overall record against the Tigers to 39-8-3 all-time. Bethune-Cookman has defeated Savannah State more than any other opponent in school history.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
It will be interesting to see how this plays out now that the legal card is being played.
SF

Go on home, but you can't take our bats and balls.

creekx

not crate trained
True. Cougs ranked #23 now! So the conference has 8 (!) teams in the top 25 - certainly never happened before - and they are blowing it up. Also arguably the deepest QB talent pool of any conference ever. What a shame…