Cold "yes", Snow "no"!

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I've been checking snowpack also. It was at about 25% in the Lower Snake region before this last system. Hope the snow starting later today will get us closer to normal.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My wife just yelled at me that she couldn't get the garbage pail lid open. It has started freezing rain and it was virtually welded shut. It's raining and it's only 27 degrees and freezing instantly. I have a hummer at the feeder and it looks like he might camp out there since it isn't frozen. Hoping we don't lose power but at least we can survive that with minor inconvenience Feel bad for the critters. Our garbage can is in the garage now to thaw out. Sposed to warm up tomorrow so this crap should be shortlived. Time for a cocktail.

Mike Cline

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
With 2023 the hottest year on record and 2024 predicted to be even hotter, "Think Snow"!

Yes we need snow, but we don’t need unscientific hype

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I am literally sitting here looking out the window at a white out.

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Yes we need snow, but we don’t need unscientific hype

I think that NASA and NOAA are more scientific than TV weathermen's blogs, but YMMV.

bobduck

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
1 pm Wednesday and we are still housebound. In the event we get mail delivered I'll have to put on my wading boots and staff and carefully walk on the snow that hasn't been shoveled yet. The walkway I shoveled is just an ice glaze and I don't have ice skates. So much fun.

JudyM

Steelhead
Same Chit down here, just starting to melt. Heavy mist stuff going on, too. Maybe another threat on Friday morning, hope it does not happen.

Herkileez

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
First snow of season, here on Vancouver Island.
Hopefully, snowpack will start building at higher elevations, o/wise, we're in for another rough fire season, not to mention, lower suumer river levels.

snow 2024.jpg

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nothing in Puyallup valley. Some light rain. Boring weather around here most days.

JudyM

Steelhead
Been holding at 34 degrees, slow thaw. Good thing about continuous below freezing is killing those fleas.