Coffeepot Lake

Ran over to Spokane to visit a friend with a spinal cord injury for 4 days. Tough to say the least.
I had one day to fish Coffeepot Lake Wednesday 4/3 for the first time.
No clouds temp. ~ 54F, Wind 6 to 10 mph coming straight down the lake, Water temp. 44F. Fished from 8 to 3pm.
Slow day but ended up going 3/5 on chironomids.
Paddled pontoon from ramp at 8am and started fishing micro leech(s) on type III. Saw a few damsels swimming on surface and a few mysterious large swirls so changed to rod#2 with floating line and fished damsel nymphs naked. Still nothing. Paddled over to point in front of abandoned cabin and anchored. Setup indicator rod with blood worm and chromie on top. Hooked and lost 2 fish from 9:30 to 10am. managed to C&R 3 more fish during the day. 2 were 15inches but were fat footballs and the last one looked like a dark spawner about 20ish. Wind increased 10 to 15mph in the afternoon. Paddling against trying to work leech patterns on type III again wore me out so left at 3pm.
Last picture of snake that kept following me out on the lake. I finally netted it and paddled to shore for a snake release.
Ha, top that one.
I think we were both happy to see each other leave. Species unknown but thought it might be a gardener snake.
Fun day and definitely need to plan a multiple day trip back to this gem in the future.

1712361498571.png
1712361542749.png