Chum Fishing in SW Washington

If you haven't caught a salmon on the fly now is the time in SW Washington. Mostly Chum with a few coho mixed in makes for one amazing trip on the water! Here is a highlight from Tuesday! We got 1.8inches of rain in the last 24 hours which will push in some fresh fish including some B-Run Coho. Key flies were bright pink and chartreuse raining from 1 inch to 3 inches in length for the fly. We used 8wt rods and floating lines with a Maxima Ultragreen 20lb leader! This weekend should be fantastic opportunity!

SpawnFlyFish

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Update for those interested in making the trip. Today Pete the other owner of Spawn Fly Fish and myself (josh) got out and fished for a few hours. It was extremely wet water was off color and high. Fishing overall was just ok. We managed to land a chum each lost a few others and lost a really nice coho that wrapped around a log. We're expecting another 2 inches of rain in the next 24 hours and so fishing will probably be a no go until Thursday at the soonest! After this big push of rain we should start to see more B run coho which are my personal favorite!

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
For you Oregonians interested in catch and release chum fishing on the NW Oregon Coast, I was driving along the Miami River this morning and there were a lot of fly folks working it pretty hard for chum salmon. Oregon allows catch and release angling on the Kilchis and MIami Rivers until November 15th. My buddies fishing Tillamook tidewater report a lot of chum around right now.

SpawnFlyFish

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
For you Oregonians interested in catch and release chum fishing on the NW Oregon Coast, I was driving along the Miami River this morning and there were a lot of fly folks working it pretty hard for chum salmon. Oregon allows catch and release angling on the Kilchis and MIami Rivers until November 15th. My buddies fishing Tillamook tidewater report a lot of chum around right now.
Those rivers are a blast, super fun and not too far from the shop!

dep

Steelhead
I am fishing the tidewaters next Monday with a guide. we are targeting kings, hopefully not chums...

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I am fishing the tidewaters next Monday with a guide. we are targeting kings, hopefully not chums...
I hope you find them! Those later running fall chinook have been scarce the past few years.