Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dustin Chromers

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Being staunch vegans we usually mold a tofu roast into the face of the political god of our choosing and feast on its flesh then watch Children Of The Corn, maybe The Wicker Man or another holiday classic to commemorate the seasons reaping.

O clarkii lewisi

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
We are doing grass fed rib eyes and a filet w/ oven roasted vegetables, followed by lipitor for desert! ;)
I almost never have steak so splurged on the good stuff and looking forward to it and hope that I don't F it up on the wood grill. I am thinking 4 - 6 minutes per side on for the rib eye. (?) Might do the filet tartare, still deciding.
Happy holidays to this crew! I don't post here often but I so enjoy the fishing tips and banter from y'all. Cheers

PS @flybill - Elmer T Lee on the shelf here.

flybill

Life of the Party
We are doing grass fed rib eyes and a filet w/ oven roasted vegetables, followed by lipitor for desert! ;)
I almost never have steak so splurged on the good stuff and looking forward to it and hope that I don't F it up on the wood grill. I am thinking 4 - 6 minutes per side on for the rib eye. (?) Might do the filet tartare, still deciding.
Happy holidays to this crew! I don't post here often but I so enjoy the fishing tips and banter from y'all. Cheers

I'm having steak ( 6 oz waygu), lobster and probably mushrooms and onions.. or some veg of some sort!

How do you like your lipitor? Dipped in chocolate sauce is perfect for me! LOL!

I'm currently out of Elmer T Lee, but love it. Luckily I have more than a few options.. Been having some Old Elk single barrel picks from a group in Vegas I belong too. Great stuff and you should be able to find it in the area.20231222_171116.jpg

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party

Got gifted a bottle years back and guard it closely. Besides drinking it, How do you keep it from evaporating? I keep it in a cool dark space but it's seldom opened.

flybill

Life of the Party
Got gifted a bottle years back and guard it closely. Besides drinking it, How do you keep it from evaporating? I keep it in a cool dark space but it's seldom opened.
You're doing it right, just keep it in a cool, dark spot. I've had and have bottles that have been opened for 10 plus years. Once you get to the halfway point, you want to keep drinking it, transfer into a smaller bottle or consider using wine preserver on it. Mainly just enjoy it!

I'll get another one soon, but I have friends in low places! HA! Merry Christmas! Enjoy!

Got this recently!! Fabulous!!
20231219_161503.jpg

Last edited:

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Being staunch vegans we usually mold a tofu roast into the face of the political god of our choosing and feast on its flesh then watch Children Of The Corn, maybe The Wicker Man or another holiday classic to commemorate the seasons reaping.
Don't forget the importance of honey with your feast.

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Invited to friend's house for dinner.
Americana champagne/bourbon cocktails, roast duck, crab cakes, mashed garlic potatoes/gravy, Caesar salad, green bean casserole, and fresh baked lemon meringue pie for dessert.
Remy Martin Louis 13th brandy to follow.

Zak

Legend
My Mom works in the church, so we are delaying our Christmas dinner until 12/30 so that she can relax and enjoy it. The nice thing about that is, everything is on sale! Today I picked up a smallish rib roast and a large NY strip roast, each more than 50% off! The NY strip roast was marked down to $9.95/lb, from $23/lb. I also got a spiral cut ham at 40% off, because why not? It will make great leftovers and soups. We will feast on Saturday!

Zak

Legend
My Mom works in the church, so we are delaying our Christmas dinner until 12/30 so that she can relax and enjoy it. The nice thing about that is, everything is on sale! Today I picked up a smallish rib roast and a large NY strip roast, each more than 50% off! The NY strip roast was marked down to $9.95/lb, from $23/lb. I also got a spiral cut ham at 40% off, because why not? It will make great leftovers and soups. We will feast on Saturday!
PXL_20231229_010601378.MP.jpg
PXL_20231229_011240343.MP.jpg