Chironomid Day

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Drove a little farther today than 9 miles to a small lake only one other fisherman on the lake pretty much had the lake to myself. Could have slept for the first hour an half then from 3 to 7:30 bobber down went 22/34 takes use two chironomid setup all day most fish cookie cutter like in photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1297.jpeg
    IMG_1297.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1298.jpeg
    IMG_1298.jpeg
    629.5 KB · Views: 91

Tim L

Stillwater Strategist
Forum Supporter
Hope you didn't chase the other guy off with your loud laughing 😉😄🙃

Ronbow

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Lou, you inspire!
So drove to a local lake, a bit farther than usually go.
Met some friends there and began to fish. I don't know the lake well so trolled about a bit with an olive Hale Bopp, and that produced fish. And finally got to a flat at 15 to 17' with a few adults emerging, a few shucks on the water, and rising fish. HELLO!
After finding a bit larger one (all on 14" maybe) took a sample; nice #14 black ribbed chromies. Easily matched that up (see attached) and it was game on once the depth was set right at 12' . Matched the 'mid with a balanced pumpkin head leech under plumbobber. Kinda lost track of takes and fish, kept looking for a tagged one as there are apparently 4 left in there. No luck.

Chromy.jpg

Nice day, nice company, cooperative fish, gotta love October.

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Lou, you inspire!
So drove to a local lake, a bit farther than usually go.
Met some friends there and began to fish. I don't know the lake well so trolled about a bit with an olive Hale Bopp, and that produced fish. And finally got to a flat at 15 to 17' with a few adults emerging, a few shucks on the water, and rising fish. HELLO!
After finding a bit larger one (all on 14" maybe) took a sample; nice #14 black ribbed chromies. Easily matched that up (see attached) and it was game on once the depth was set right at 12' . Matched the 'mid with a balanced pumpkin head leech under plumbobber. Kinda lost track of takes and fish, kept looking for a tagged one as there are apparently 4 left in there. No luck.

View attachment 84819

Nice day, nice company, cooperative fish, gotta love October.
Can't beat it when the Bobber goes down(y)(y)
I fish a well known lake today for 4 hr landed 12 fat fish all on the top fly

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpeg
    IMG_1307.jpeg
    810.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: