Cell Phone Pics

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
It's that time of year. Football and baseball games today. Beautiful morning, so blessed.
1000000214.jpg
1000000219.jpg

Last edited:

VMP

Steelhead
Hey @Matt B, not to hotspot, but surely some hallowed grounds over there, particularly during odd years :cool:. How far downstream did you paddle? Any signs of the recent oil spill? Apparently there was an uncontained oil spill not far from there after a tugboat spilled up to 150 gallons of hydraulic oil when a propeller shaft broke on Tuesday...
1713645077928.png

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Hey @Matt B, not to hotspot, but surely some hallowed grounds over there, particularly during odd years :cool:. How far downstream did you paddle? Any signs of the recent oil spill? Apparently there was an uncontained oil spill not far from there after a tugboat spilled up to 150 gallons of hydraulic oil when a propeller shaft broke on Tuesday...
View attachment 111456
Yeah I only had a couple hours and needed some water time and wanted to scope out the new-ish hand carry launch there. It works well. Barely any parking. I didn’t go downstream at all. The wind was blowing downstream so I went upstream as far as I felt, (about to the turning basin) and got blown black. Some decent osprey action. No oil spotted.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
That sure brings back memories. That same exact spot almost 40 years ago ('86?) I was wet wading in jeans in late March/early April while there was still some ice on the edges. WTH !?! I used a split shot on my floating fly line to chuck some sort of woolly bugger and caught my first Lahontan. Well, first one in the mouth after I foul hooked a few. I think I made it about 30 minutes until I was paralyzed by the deep freeze.

For a west-sider that lake was pretty phenomenal!

I took a photo for a guy who caught an 8 pounder that day or the next trip. One of the blonde fish.

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
That sure brings back memories. That same exact spot almost 40 years ago ('86?) I was wet wading in jeans in late March/early April while there was still some ice on the edges. WTH !?! I used a split shot on my floating fly line to chuck some sort of woolly bugger and caught my first Lahontan. Well, first one in the mouth after I foul hooked a few. I think I made it about 30 minutes until I was paralyzed by the deep freeze.

For a west-sider that lake was pretty phenomenal!

I took a photo for a guy who caught an 8 pounder that day or the next trip. One of the blonde fish.
Great story! I moved to Ephrata in '86, it didn't take me long to find my way to Lenore. Darc tells a story of fishing the lake early in the season, no waders so he "wore" a garbage bag on each leg - probably offered him a minute or two more than you.

Gyrfalcon22

Life of the Party
Great story! I moved to Ephrata in '86, it didn't take me long to find my way to Lenore. Darc tells a story of fishing the lake early in the season, no waders so he "wore" a garbage bag on each leg - probably offered him a minute or two more than you.
That was right about the advent of neoprene, thankfully ! I used to live in a tall dorm in Cheney at the time and I was known to leave my room on the 10th floor and jump into the elevators with waders already on and fly rod in hand if I was to fish a local lake.

Those are comfortable to sleep in as well-as many here can attest to. RF parking lot was a favorite "gravel resort" in those days.