Non-Fly Buzz bomb/Rotator Hooks

Wiznet

Steelhead
Hey guys! What hooks do you prefer with your buzz bombs/rotators? I've been using a size 1 siwash crimped on a swivel. Although my hook sets haven't been the best I've noticed. I was thinking of switching to a 1 octopus hook.

FerrousTortoise

Steelhead
I have used the Siwash crimped on a swivel and not on a swivel the most. This year I bought a buzz bomb that came with a single hook (kids fishing have lost a lot of them) and I really like the single point hook that comes with it. It looks similar to an octopus hook.

Wiznet

Steelhead
I have used the Siwash crimped on a swivel and not on a swivel the most. This year I bought a buzz bomb that came with a single hook (kids fishing have lost a lot of them) and I really like the single point hook that comes with it. It looks similar to an octopus hook.
Sounds like I need to find a few lol. The siwash has been fine, but the hook setting has been bad if they hit on the drop.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Oh awesome. What size do ya like?

I bought them awhile back and they already had the swivels on them. They were 1/0 I believe, but I can't remember.
SF

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
1/0 Gamakatsu Big River Bait hooks is typically what I use when I can get em. Very similar to the hook Brian posted.

JohnB

Smolt
Gami BRBs are my go to as well. Although after SF posted the Matzuo hooks I've got a sinking feeling I've got a 100 pack squirreled away somewhere and I didn't need to buy a bunch of BRBs in the past few years.

Last edited: