Boston Whaler 17 Montauk

albula

We are all Bozos on this bus
Forum Supporter
Rehoming my 17 Montauk. Hull is a 1986 in very good condition given her level of experience. Recently repowered with new 90 HP Suzuki four stroke. Comes with galvanized EZ Loader trailer with galvanized spare tire and folding receptacle for easy storage. Also included Garmin GPS/fish finder, Scotty crab trap puller, radio, a couple life preservers, anchor, boat fenders and docking line, transom mount trolling motor, Bimini top, cooler/seat in front of console and lots of good juju. Located in Port Angeles. Asking $10,000 which is basically the cost of the Suzuki. A safe and stable timeless platform for fishing, crabbing and family fun.PXL_20231103_194318243.jpg

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Someone is about to get a great deal on this. If my situation was different right now I'd already be towing it home.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Not that you need another bump to the top here within 10 minutes, but damn, that's a killer deal! That would make a great musky fishing platform. Too bad my dumb little Prius won't pull it. :LOL:

albula

Forum Supporter
Not that you need another bump to the top here within 10 minutes, but damn, that's a killer deal! That would make a great musky fishing platform. Too bad my dumb little Prius won't pull it. :LOL:
You could just get a truck and put the Prius in the boat.:p Have already had a few responses from the CL ad. Anyone here gets first dibs but it appears at that price it won't last long.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
You could just get a truck and put the Prius in the boat.:p Have already had a few responses from the CL ad. Anyone here gets first dibs but it appears at that price it won't last long.
yeah, I can't see that boat lasting too long.

and true....or at least not far from it. lol

albula

Forum Supporter
yeah, I can't see that boat lasting too long.

and true....or at least not far from it. lol
Let's face it. There is slightly more than a modicum of incongruity in being a hardcore muskie fisherman and driving a Prius. Kinda like a heavy equipment operator in spandex and stilettos.

albula

Forum Supporter
Well it appears that a fellow forum member is now the proud new owner of a neat old Boston Whaler Montauk 17. As it should be. Congratulation are due. Everybody is happy.

albula

Forum Supporter
Ok, who do we need to start hounding for boat rides! 😇
I'll leave that to him. He is not scarce here and is a welcoming presence. Had numerous CL suitors but made excuses until this could come together. As a bit of a warning I actually had messages from CL wanting my bank info so they could direct wire funds and pick up the boat later. Be vigilant, this world is over- run with complete dirt bags.

Last edited:

adamcu280

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Curse my rusty innards, I wasn’t fast enough! That’s my childhood boat (and work boat from the mid-aughts) right there.

mark wlker

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Anyone heading to Phoenix this winter, we have a 19' Crestliner Super Hawk 300HP inboard. Will make you a great deal on it.
We just don't use. Good water is too far from Prescott, AZ.:(

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    660.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 47

albula

Forum Supporter
Good to meet you guys today and be able to put a face with internet personas. And great to see the beloved old Whaler will have a good new home with someone who will let her go fishing regularly. Kudos all around. But I gotta say being boatless for the first time in over 40 years feels a little weird. Good thing that deficiency will soon be solved. Just gotta get thru the next couple weeks.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Good to meet you guys today and be able to put a face with internet personas. And great to see the beloved old Whaler will have a good new home with someone who will let her go fishing regularly. Kudos all around. But I gotta say being boatless for the first time in over 40 years feels a little weird. Good thing that deficiency will soon be solved. Just gotta get thru the next couple weeks.

What’s on the next boat agenda if you don’t mind sharing?
SF

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
I really enjoyed our visit. This boat is going to get a lot of love! The only downside is I haven't figured out a way to shoehorn both boats into the shop yet...

PXL_20231107_004327458.jpg