BOSCH 24v Cordless Tools

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I realize that this is an antiquated battery system, but perhaps one of us PNWFF fossils is still running these tools. Existing batteries do take charge, but capacity is probably in the worthess zone. These tools were given to me and have been tested; seem to function just fine. Pickup in West Seattle or Burien.

DSC02061.jpeg
DSC02059.jpeg

Attachments

• DSC02058.jpeg
    DSC02058.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 4

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
FWIW, it's highly likely that some generic batteries from Amazon would be a budget way to get these up and running again for whoever claims them.

@Phil K what are the battery model number. Are they on a sticker somewhere?

I would probably suggest staying with the Bosch batteries and just buy 1 new battery (or 2) and it would still be a screaming good deal of a tool buy. The batteries are just sometimes not willing to be charged anymore. The kit (photo) involves a charger and that is probably all you need outside of a new battery. Those batteries are probably pretty specific to the mfgr and voltage. I would stay with that constant. Those particular drill motors are very smooth and nice. Its going to be a great deal for someone.

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I’ll get the battery info. Yes, generic replacements are available, and probably OEM as well. My garage is already chock full enough.

[Edit: so don’t go tempting me to keep them.]

RCF

Life of the Party
OEM batteries are much better than the cheap knockoffs. I recently bought some knockoffs for my B&D tools. They would not work well on my impact driver and blower - slower and less power... Same for other tools but just not as noticeable...