Boat Mechanic - Whatcom or Skagit County

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
I have a twenty year old Yamaha 15 horse that hasn't run in years. Who knows of a reliable mechanic?

In the past I used Clearwater in Bellingham but I recall getting frustrated at their seemingly slow return/lack of motivation. I've also used Master Marine in Skagit County but would like to avoid the drive if I can.

Any recommendations? I've learned I have no 'feel' for engines and all I do is break things when I try to save a buck and fix it myself.

Thanks in advance

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
those are typically pretty simple fixes. If we were closer together I'd figure something out. If I can bring a 20yr old Mercury Optimax 150 that sat, not running, for 15yrs, I can probably do it to a Yamaha 15hp. Typically not much more than a carburetor cleanup and new spark plugs will get those old 2 strokes happy again.

Otherwise, I'm no help :D

M_D

Top Notch Mediocre Flyfisher
Forum Supporter
hmmm….you’re appealing to my Dutch side to give it a go myself;)

I suppose if I only go upstream it’ll be easier to get back to the launch if I do a shitty job(y)

kerrys

Ignored Member
There is a good one in Mt. Vernon but I forget his name. I’ll check with a friend that has used him also and get back.

Reactions: M_D

Jeff Dodd

Steelhead
Nice to have a 15hp 2-stroke out of the garage and ready for action! Sweet outboard

Maybe change the lower unit oil, put in a new spark plug in and see what happens? 😀

That said- I think there are good options in Everett if you’re up for a day trip.

Reactions: M_D