Big weather changes coming, could save the snowpack (esp in WA)

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Starting to sound like a significant change in weather pattern is showing up in the next week or so. And the cooler temps and precip might just help us with our weak snowpack up here in WA (OR snowpack isn't that bad, actually).

Would also help those of us who snow slide have a decent spring season.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Starting to sound like a significant change in weather pattern is showing up in the next week or so. And the cooler temps and precip might just help us with our weak snowpack up here in WA (OR snowpack isn't that bad, actually).

Would also help those of us who snow slide have a decent spring season.

Most likely the Seeger effect. His favorite lake near Beverly opens March 1, but he needs to get over White Pass to get there... The mountains definitely need snow. Although he’s not in favor, Cliff Mass posted that the Cascades could get up to four feet of snow next week. Skiing should be good.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
Good news. Heavy mountain snow arrived in early March during the last El nino event too.

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter
...Cliff Mass posted that the Cascades could get up to four feet of snow next week. Skiing should be good.
Be very cautious if going off piste. What piles up will eventually come down.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’m an old guy and ski the groomers and the edges. Gave up my mountaineering and far off piste adventures many years ago. I’m mostly happy to see the forecasted increase in snowpack.