Big Marsh Reds Video

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
There are no reds left in the LA marsh. They all moved to FL and TX so that the carpetbagger transient guides could stay in their home waters.

mems

Steelhead
Wow do you live on the Bay or Waveland or the Pass? Our summer place was right on the bay. We had dock lights and would get specks at night. We had a camp out in the Biloxi marsh, but it got burned down by gill netters. Did you ever go to Benny Frenchies or Toca's? Point Lumber was owned by my grandfather and Uncle. Yeah you right, no more reds in the marsh, got eaten by all dem gators. Thank god the Mardi Gras returned.

brownheron

corvus ossifragus
Nostalgic thread for me. My family's 'fishing shack' was at the mouth of the Suwannee. Spent tons of time down there from birth to HS or so chasing reds, specs, cobia, etc. as well as walking the grass flats with a mask catching scallops and such.

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Mems our house down here is in Bay Saint Louis on a canal just off the Jordan River. Probably half my fishing we run across the sound and the other half we trailer to Hopedale or Delacroix.

mems

Steelhead
My Uncle still has a place on the Wolf river. He doesn’t fish since he got flesh eating bacteria in his leg. Was there 4 years ago saw Drew break the passing record. Got to fish with my cousin. Listen to Jimmy Buffet’ Biloxi on my play list all the time. Did a lot a sailing and water skiing on the bay and Jordan river. Just not good when the cotton mouths come out. Love Bay St. Louis. Best book about life down there is “A Confederacy of Dunces”. I will take you to the Dock of the Bay for a voodoo lager if I get back down there.

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
My Uncle still has a place on the Wolf river. He doesn’t fish since he got flesh eating bacteria in his leg. Was there 4 years ago saw Drew break the passing record. Got to fish with my cousin. Listen to Jimmy Buffet’ Biloxi on my play list all the time. Did a lot a sailing and water skiing on the bay and Jordan river. Just not good when the cotton mouths come out. Love Bay St. Louis. Best book about life down there is “A Confederacy of Dunces”. I will take you to the Dock of the Bay for a voodoo lager if I get back down there.
Liked for the Dunces reference. Excellent novel, incredible story behind it.