A couple others.
Robert Cray at the Paramount
Ahmad Jamal at Jazz Alley.
SF

Clean Willy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Oh fun, a memory test. Too many great ones to name but by decade

'67 - The Monkees at the Coliseum was my first concert. Musically not the 'best' but stands out
'74 - Elton John at the Coliseum. The Yellow Brick Road Tour. At his peak
'87 - Robin Trower at ?? south of SeaTac on Hwy 99. What was that place called?
'94 - Steely Dan (where my name comes from) at The Gorge. Never thought I'd get a chance to see my favorite band of all time
'08 - Mark Knopfler at CSM. Telegraph Road!

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Well OK.
Grateful Dead with the Allman Brothers at RFK Stadium, DC June 9 & 10, 1973. Epic weekend. o_O
Grateful Dead at Barton Hall, Ithaca NY May 8, 1977. One of their best shows ever.
Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Paramount, Seattle 1986 or 89. Amazing energy for a three piece band. Stevie Ray was like a Supernova.
Dave Brubeck playing Carnegie Hall when his two sons were in the band, sometime in the 70's.
Dave Brubeck! Call me jealous. I wish I'd seen Jim Hall.

Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Gorge; great guitar work, wild crowd.

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
Dave Brubeck! Call me jealous. I wish I'd seen Jim Hall.

Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Gorge; great guitar work, wild crowd.
I had the pleasure of seeing Dave Brubeck on several occasions. Last one was here in Seattle when he was well into his 90s. He shuffled out like the little old bent over man he was, waved and said Hi, tottered over to the piano, sat down at the piano bench and became a Lion again.

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
Uncle Tupelo at TT the Bears
Buffalo Tom at the Middle East

Neutral Milk Hotel at the Elbow Room in Columbia, SC in like 1999 or 2000 blew everyone there away. All 100 of us or so.
Colbert tries to tell Seinfeld about Neutral Milk Hotel and Seinfeld's completely and utterly dismissive...

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Colbert tries to tell Seinfeld about Neutral Milk Hotel and Seinfeld's completely and utterly dismissive..
I gotta say, I think I’m with Jerry on this one. That setting, all jacked up on caffeine, wearing a sport coat and an immaculate Oxford shirt tucked into matching dress pants—that’s not a setting for quoting woo-woo NMH lyrics! Too much is right.

Bakerite

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Many great ones, but probably watching the Joe Pass Trio at Jazz Alley, back in the early 90's. I'm sitting about 10 feet away form him and during the last set, sith maybe 30 pelple there, in walks Tony Bennett, who had an art show that night and sits in for the rest of the night!

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Well OK.
Grateful Dead with the Allman Brothers at RFK Stadium, DC June 9 & 10, 1973. Epic weekend. o_O
Grateful Dead at Barton Hall, Ithaca NY May 8, 1977. One of their best shows ever.
Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Paramount, Seattle 1986 or 89. Amazing energy for a three piece band. Stevie Ray was like a Supernova.
Dave Brubeck playing Carnegie Hall when his two sons were in the band, sometime in the 70's.
I've seen SRV twice in Honolulu...once he opened for The Police, another he opened for ZZ Top. I went primarily to see
SRV. He was amongst my favorite guitarists ever, next to Jimi...

I was working for a dive shop in Kailua HI and a couple of the sound guys for The Police came into the dive shop for a snorkeling tour...the owner sent them with me to take them to Haunama Bay. On the way to the bay, they were disparaging SRV for sounding too much like Hendrix...unbeknownst to them, I was the huge SRV fan (and Jimi as well) and did not appreciate the comments. I swam them far off the reef into deeper water where the large fish were...they thought they were going to die...

Long live SRV & Jimi!...

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I think the most memorable was a Kenny G concert in Portland. While he was playing his first piece he walked over to my seat for some reason, gave me a big smile and shook my hand. Maybe I reminded him of his grandfather?

The oddest show was my first concert, circa 1962-63. Peter Yarrow was chatting with me and asked where I went. to school. I told him South Salem High. He immediately replied how impressed he was with the amount of money the school raised for the United Way. Hell, I had no idea how much it was. I'm still surprised he knew that and remembered it.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
U2 at BC Place in 87 was epic. Got searched at the border. Always a fun time.
Foo Fighters at the Gorge in Sept 2015 was also epic. Gary Clark Jr opened and was outstanding. Here's Dave in his thrown since his leg was broken. Yeah, were were close! Stood in the sun on black top (it was 90 in the shade) for 2 hours before it even started so we could keep our spots in standing GA. Helped security tackle a drugged up crazy dude.
20150912_212137.jpg

Earlier that day on Potholes...
20150913_130038.jpg

Yes, we had a fish fry.

Foo Fighters at Safeco Field was epic.
Foo Fighters as the very 1st concert in Climate Pledge was really good man.

Jackson Brown, Bonnie Raitt and Danny O'Keefe benefit concert (native american) in, oh boy, can't remember. It was either the Moore or the Paramount in fall or winter of 86 was epic. Jackson sat at the piano and sang a lot of his slow ones like Rosie, The Load Out and did The Road with Danny. The ever faithful David Lindley doing his magic for Jackson.

James Taylor at the Gorge in 92. Back when you had to wait in a dusty field and then sprint in there. Haha! JT was on it that night.

Recently, Southall and Whiskey Myers at the Fox in Spokane on Halloween last year was so awesome. Southall is one of my favorite up & coming bands and Whiskey Myers rocked it so hard. If you like Skynyrd type music you'll love both of these bands.
Guitarists for WM Yes, we were close!
20221031_230004.jpg

Smokey Bear

El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity
Forum Supporter
Pink Floyd The Division Bell
June 26th 1994 In Vancouver, BC Place Stadium.

Solved some riddles from Portland radio station KGON to buy tickets with bus ride for under $100. The final clue led us to The Wooden Chicken on Sandy BLVD. We were second in line. I had the opportunity to buy eight tickets but only bought three. Some of my buddies were pretty bummed.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Well, just got tickets to see Tool in a few weeks. I expect that will be pretty awesome.

Go Fish

Smolt
Too many but here goes Bob Marley at the Paramount last tour, Pink Floyd Coliseum 1972, 10cc Paramount early 80’s, Fleetwood Mac Auckland 1980, Humble Pie Paramount mid 70’s with Frampton on guitar, The Who, Stones,Elton John,Neil Young, Bob Dylan with the Band, Coliseum. At least 50 more.

t_law

Steelhead
AC/DC - Tacoma Dome '91
STP - Univ. Puget Sound Fieldhouse '93
White Zombie - Paramount '94
Soundgarden - Kitsap County Fairgrounds '94
Metallica - Seattle Memorial Stadium '94
Beastie Boys/Smashing Pumpkins - Lollapalooza '94 (Gorge)
STP - Gorge - '94
Slayer - Mercer Arena - '95
Tool - Univ. Puget Sound Fieldhouse '96
Metallica/Soundgarden - Lollapalooza '96 (Gorge)

Wadin' Boot

Badly tied flies, mediocre content
Forum Supporter
One of the best concert experiences we had as a family was at a Penn and Teller show in Vegas. My son is nonverbal but absolutely loves PandT and has seen them a bunch of times here in Seattle. They are usually out in the lobby after the magic show greeting folks, so we've ended up staying way late just to have Jack meet them. He generally goes a little nuts and hugs them and stuff (Turns out Teller does speak). Anyway two years back we were on a roadtrip through the desert south and the end of it was a few nights in Vegas, one of them being the Penn and Teller show. We walked across town to get there, arrived really early and were seated down front off to the side.

Apart from the magic, Penn plays stand up base, often playing as the crowd moves in and takes their seat. Girl from Ipanema and stuff... Although we kinda knew this we didn't realize the seats we had were just about perfect to get an up-close. So Jack was in the front and he realizes that- holy shit- that's Penn right in front of him, playing bass. And he starts pointing and waving and tapping me and his mom. Anyway Penn sees this and starts smiling and waving now and then at Jack and man, my kid was so happy, this went on for about 30 minutes. Penn made him feel like he was the only person in the room. It was really cool. Their show is fun, I get a kick out of Penn's skeptical optimism....
1695916832735.png