Baseball thread

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I agree.....screw all the PED cheaters.
Guys lost their jobs due to other players juicing and stealing their positions.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I miss playing baseball. I would say one of my regrets was when i stopped playing baseball at age14 and got caught up in hanging out with some guys that liked building forts, smoking cigarettes' drinking beer after snatching it from BJ's old man. I wish I would have never come across those guys and would have kept playing baseball. I was very good. Very very good actually. Now that I am looking at another hip replacement in April I would give anything to run around the bases one more time.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Lost interest in the HoF - it's a bit of a joke when it doesn't include the all-time leader in hits, when Willy Mays, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, and I could go on and on, were not unanimous first ballot inclusions (who were the idiots not voting for them???), took 30 years to get Buck O'Neil in, etc, etc, etc.

Bigger question - will there be MLB this spring

Cheers

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Bigger question - will there be MLB this spring

Cheers
I hope so. Booked a trip to spring training (Peoria) with fingers and toes crossed they'd be started by then.
Might just end being a golf trip - which is still fun, 'cause it's great seeing your ball bounce in the fairway in March.

Last week (getting nervous they might not be there yet) we got tickets on the glass to a Coyotes game (they're playing the Avs, so should be fun). My Dad and brother have never been to an NHL game, they have no idea how awesome it's going to be. I'm pretty stoked.

PS Coyote tickets are 1/10th the cost of Kraken tickets.....🤦‍♂️

Doublebluff

As sure as your sorrows are joys
Forum Supporter
Re the hall of fame... one of my central messages that I drilled into kids when they were growing up... "Don't make the big mistake." Pete Rose did. Yer out!

Re: Spring training... Baseball does not understand how irrelevant it is becoming to the average American.

I played it, I coached it, I love the fundamentals of the game. These owners and players bickering about chit are addressing the wrong questions. They need to look at the game itself.