Baseball 2024

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Those amazing young Royals are also 0 and 1, no fear, it's early yet.

Go Royals

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
Forum Supporter

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
I see Nellie has resigned with the Mariners - good on them.

cheers

ThatGuyRyRy

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just came home early from the Rainier's. Put up 5 in the 6th to pull within 1. Had to duck early for the kids but I'm so glad baseball is back. Came back to listen to Extras for the Ms, feels like a good year.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

ifsteve

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Sure its only the Angels but my O's are 2-0 and won with a combined score of 24-7 and our two starters only gave up a solo HR each and had 11 and 9 Ks. If we get anything from Means and/or Bradish this year we are going to be around come October.

Gunnar for MVP!

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter
Those amazing young Royals, now 4 and 3, are above .500 for the first time in over 2 years!!! Backed by stellar starting pithing (lowest ERA in the majors), and timely hitting, the Royals are now only 2.5 back. Bobby Witt Jr, off to a hot start (.389 with a 1.20 OPS), has more hard hit balls than any team (the than those amazing young Royals) in baseball.

Look out world.

Go Royals

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Baseball for me doesn't start until after the All Star break. Too much fishing to do.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Night is for sleeping. Dawn comes around early. By the All Star break the cream has started to rise.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I never want to sound like a hopeless Fan Boi like Canuck but as a follower of the Dodgers for 76 years I couldn't help but notice that the first 5 guys in the starting lineup are batting a combined .322 and they have won the most games in the majors so far.

I also notice that the Mariners are winning at a .444 percentage-very close to their historical average since 1977. I think it is safe to say that they are in mid season form after just 9 games.

Gary Knowels

Hack of all trades
Forum Supporter
I never want to sound like a hopeless Fan Boi like Canuck but as a follower of the Dodgers for 76 years I couldn't help but notice that the first 5 guys in the starting lineup are batting a combined .322 and they have won the most games in the majors so far.

I also notice that the Mariners are winning at a .444 percentage-very close to their historical average since 1977. I think it is safe to say that they are in mid season form after just 9 games.
They've also played 2+ more games than all teams except for the Padres and are *only* 5th when going by winning percentage 🤷‍♂️ Mookie is a spectacular athlete though and can do literally anything on a baseball field.

Peyton00

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I bet $500 the mariners get 92 wins this season.

Canuck from Kansas

Forum Supporter

Who, Moi, Fan Boi? You Betcha.

Ohh, and those not so young Dodgers, They have paid sure paid a handsome ransom for those wins ;)

Go Royals

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Mariners in the cellar
What’s new?
Just remember this in September if they luck out and get close
Like last year
Only a game or so
It ALL adds up

Divad

Whitefish
They suck. Blue Jays broadcast on my way home last night was saying how they change more players than most teams each year. Stanton was quoted he wants to lower the strikeout rate hens dropping Geno and Hernandez but Ms are one of the top strikeout teams this year so far.

It’s hard to build chemistry when players change so often.

7C92E46B-0F8B-4339-B6C2-CE67535AA625.jpeg

I need a hat with this on it.