NFR Baseball 2023

Non-fishing related
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
Well, the Dodgers it is - hate the Dodgers, but it's hard to root against this guy - what is a fan to do?

Only 64 days to spring training.

Play Ball

Cheers

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
they've still gotta get through the defending champs still though! :LOL:

I kinda wish that Texas woulda made a push for him. but man, 700million over 10 years seems a little cost prohibitive, unless you're the Dodgers. He won't pitch next year, maybe not the year after that, but he's still the best player in MLB, IMO.

One thing is for sure, that'll get me watching a little more baseball during the regular season this year now that he's on an actual contending team.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Root Sports used to be great until the Mariners became majority owners. Everything they touch turns to shit.
SF

IMG_5851.jpeg

The Mariners probably will not make it anywhere near a World Series until the philosophy of the owner changes or the owner changes. They just want to be competitive enough to get fans to buy tickets and buy all the crazy priced stuff at the games. It’s too bad this latest rebuild got us one playoff birth only. Looks like it is down hill again at least so far this offseason. I am glad I also root for the Phillies who have an ownership group that wants to win a World Series.

The only real power Mariner fans have is to vote with what they choose to spend their money on.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
It's 2024. At the time of this post, there were 37 days, 6 hours, and 5 minutes 'til Spring Training opens.

Think I'll start a new thread

Play ball

cheers

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
20240105_151602.jpg
Mariners announce 2024 game dates for fan face painting.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
The Baseball 2023 thread is now closed. Please see the 2024 version here:

Status
Not open for further replies.