Bamboo Fling 2024

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I think this will work for me. I’ll bring the same boring old Orvis.

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Tell me is there a cure for an addiction to acquiring bamboo fly rods? I picked up another one yesterday. Like many of us I have some nice old rods and some nice new ones also some that were just fun to acquire and rebuild. Looking forward to the Bamboo Fling.
The question, "just how many rods do you need????" JUST ONE MORE!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

jerry

Steelhead
Did everyone see the thread "Past Bamboo Gathering"? I think it would add something to the Bamboo Fling if we held it at a place where we could cast a fly and fish. I am not interested in spending $300 for a permit though. I am sure we could find something. Think about it and let's talk about it for next year.

Cliff

Steelhead
Did everyone see the thread "Past Bamboo Gathering"? I think it would add something to the Bamboo Fling if we held it at a place where we could cast a fly and fish. I am not interested in spending $300 for a permit though. I am sure we could find something. Think about it and let's talk about it for next year.
That would be my preference, also. Years ago I went to the Bamboo Rodmakers gatherings a couple of times on the Metolius River and it was really nice to be able to fish. One day, maybe.

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I think the idea of a lake gathering is nice, but it does present some issues. Personally, I'd be hesitant to leave eight or more rods and reels unattended in a public park to test cast a rod on the water from a floaty.

As an alternative I'd suggest a Bamboo Fishing Day (BFD ;) ). We could pick a lake that is a good candidate for some potentially fun fishing. Then we could each bring a couple rods and "exchange" rods on the water as we fish. This way we don't leave rods unattended in a public setting. Heck, mid day we could change out the rods we are fishing to add more rods for sampling amongst ourselves for the last half of the day.

Cliff

Steelhead
I think the idea of a lake gathering is nice, but it does present some issues. Personally, I'd be hesitant to leave eight or more rods and reels unattended in a public park to test cast a rod on the water from a floaty.

As an alternative I'd suggest a Bamboo Fishing Day (BFD ;) ). We could pick a lake that is a good candidate for some potentially fun fishing. Then we could each bring a couple rods and "exchange" rods on the water as we fish. This way we don't leave rods unattended in a public setting. Heck, mid day we could change out the rods we are fishing to add more rods for sampling amongst ourselves for the last half of the day.
Sounds good to me, Mike.

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
It's been too long since I last seen Robert, I hope he can make it.

Treefrog

Just Hatched
I have it on my calendar. I went to one several years ago where I met Mike Monsos and convinced him to build me a Para 14, 5 weight. Where is Redmon Park as in an address? What time would this be?

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
I have it on my calendar. I went to one several years ago where I met Mike Monsos and convinced him to build me a Para 14, 5 weight. Where is Redmon Park as in an address? What time would this be?
Cascade View Neighborhood Park, 16202 NE 40th St, Redmond, WA 98052. From Mike M’s reply above it looks like 11AM.

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
What date did we agree on?
Unless people have a strong objection, I'd like us to hold it on Sunday June 9 at 11am at Cascade View Neighborhood park in Redmond WA. That is the second sunday of June but some of us bamboo anglers have a fishing trip to the Methow scheduled during the first weekend of June.

jerry

Steelhead
Unless people have a strong objection, I'd like us to hold it on Sunday June 9 at 11am at Cascade View Neighborhood park in Redmond WA. That is the second sunday of June but some of us bamboo anglers have a fishing trip to the Methow scheduled during the first weekend of June.
That is the date I am hoping for. I will be getting back from a week of fishing in Kamloops BC on the 8th.