Bamboo Fling 2024

Denwor54

Life of the Party
You guys have any thoughts on timing and location. Last year’s fling was fun and I like the location at the Redmond park. I will bring new toys and new arrivals to this get together let me know what works for you guys. Tight lines

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
That would work for me. I think it's a great location myself (I only live two miles from it ;) ).

Last edited:

Cliff

Steelhead
I may be out of town that weekend, but I'd like to attend. Been a long, long time since I've seen Mike, Tim & Kent, and there are a lot of guys I've traded messages with who I've never met.

jerry

Steelhead
Nice to see someone else has picked up the ball and put the Bamboo Fling on the calendar. I will be getting back from a week of fishing near Kamloops BC on the 5th. If I can unload from one trip and load up for the Fling in time, I will do my best and try to make it. I was talking to a fellow form the Bainbridge Island Fly Fishing Club last Saturday. He expressed interest in holding the Fling on the west side of the sound. Since I live in Silverdale and have hosted the Fing twice at Island Lake, I know it can be done. On the other hand, I will participate as long as it is held somewhere in central Puget Sound. Hope to see you all on the 6th. By the way I have a couple of new acquisitions, a 130 year old Hardy rod and a new rod from a new maker, Olivia Elia.

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Nice to see someone else has picked up the ball and put the Bamboo Fling on the calendar. I will be getting back from a week of fishing near Kamloops BC on the 5th. If I can unload from one trip and load up for the Fling in time, I will do my best and try to make it. I was talking to a fellow form the Bainbridge Island Fly Fishing Club last Saturday. He expressed interest in holding the Fling on the west side of the sound. Since I live in Silverdale and have hosted the Fing twice at Island Lake, I know it can be done. On the other hand, I will participate as long as it is held somewhere in central Puget Sound. Hope to see you all on the 6th. By the way I have a couple of new acquisitions, a 130 year old Hardy rod and a new rod from a new maker, Olivia Elia.
FYI, Olivia has been posting videos over the last week or so of her working on a new guitar being made for Billy Strings in the Preston Thompson Guitars workshop in Sisters OR. I think the videos are posted in the section of Instagram where the video disappears at some point so they may be hard to locate. For Billy Strings and high-end acoustic guitar fans like me, those videos are really cool. Ron

jerry

Steelhead
Anyone know how to make Oliva Elia aware of the Bamboo Fling? I plan to show off the rod she built for me. It would been nice if she could be there to show off some more of her work.