Baja Oregon

Yesterday, I returned to a place that I haven't been to in the past 4 or 5 years. It's a freestone stream which has connectivity to the salt. It's remote, my buddy and I saw maybe 3 or 4 vehicles all day and no other anglers. That's pretty much how it's always been.

In November after the first good bump, fall run steelhead show up, usually in good numbers. These models are smallish, typical for the watershed with the average size between 20" and 24". I occasionally get the larger cohort (up to about 8 pounds), but usually during the winter months. I prefer to fish the early run as they are willing biters and there are more of them. The steelhead were there - in almost every run. Just the way I remembered it...

thumbnail_IMG_4145.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4120.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4137.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4123.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4094.jpg

Stoneflywelding

Sometimes I go fishing.
Forum Supporter
My buddy Ted is the one with the wading pants. He likes them a lot. I’ve had a pair of the dryft zipper waders for 3 years with zero issues.
Thank you. Wonderful report and I appreciate the feedback as well. I have been racking my brain all day where this could beo_O . But I love a good puzzle.

RRSmith

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Thank you. Wonderful report and I appreciate the feedback as well. I have been racking my brain all day where this could beo_O . But I love a good puzzle.
You’re doing exactly what I do with some of these reports :cool: It definitely has its clientele who tend to fish it when the easier to access spots aren’t producing.