Bad outing for FlyFish Dan

Divad

Whitefish
On the reel, no chance of wrapping the line on a rock, stick, belt, carabiner, clip, foot, cleat, etc etc.

And for fish you really want to bring in as Sal said, that’s an important risk I try to avoid.

Tallguy

Steelhead
On the reel, no chance of wrapping the line on a rock, stick, belt, carabiner, clip, foot, cleat, etc etc.

And for fish you really want to bring in as Sal said, that’s an important risk I try to avoid.
Or step on it, which is what I seem to like to do, especially on barnacle covered rocky beaches. Nothing like following a fish down to beach and getting stopped short when you line wrap a dry rock 40' to your left.

Yes, I like to use my reel for line management for anything decent sized, earned or not.

Dloy

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Not that I care what you do, I’ll split the middle. Mostly because I’m lazy, if there’s a lot of line out, that means he’s close and I’ll strip line in unless he’s strong and runs. If there’s not a lot of line out I’ll reel it in. Hopefully he then runs and the Hardy screams.

tkww

Steelhead
Not that I care what you do, I’ll split the middle. Mostly because I’m lazy, if there’s a lot of line out, that means he’s close and I’ll strip line in unless he’s strong and runs. If there’s not a lot of line out I’ll reel it in. Hopefully he then runs and the Hardy screams.
Wait, what? You can do either/both depending on the situation? OMG, what a groundbreaking idea. :ROFLMAO:

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Back in my hunting days, while walking back in the dusk to our vehicle on HW 20 after a long day of looking for mulies above Sherman Pass, a couple of yahoo's in an old pickup slowed down and the passenger fired a handgun right over our heads....and slowly drove on.

Naturally we yelled and gave them them the finger. They slammed on the brakes and began to reverse back towards us.

Apparently the idiots reconsidered that idea and sped off, when they suddenly realized they were staring into the barrels of two scoped deer rifles...their shit-filled noggins looming large in the crosshairs.

Last edited:

Jellymon

Steelhead
he gets recommended to me all the time on youtube. my take, he is a typical youtube superstar.

gives casting advice videos, but cant seem to cast very well.
if you call him out on something bullshit, he always is quick to reply with excuses or justifications
thinks he is gods gift to angler, a talent to be admired.

i mostly watch the videos to laugh. not much fishing youtube is palletable to me anymore, but since he is a local to the region i sometimes pay attention to what he is doing and when he pretends rocky ford is a secery i always hotspot in the comments.

and he refuses to put fish on the reel, which is a real trigger for me. why do so many anglers insist on stripping in every single fish they hook....
He constantly makes it a point to get fish on the reel whenever possible/needed, there is no need to put a 12” trout on the reel. And he can easily cast to the backing without tailing loops, I’d say he casts very well. If he hotspots in his videos you guys get mad, and if he doesn’t, you do it for him? 😆

I mean, it's a good tip that I'll remember when I go to buy another fly box 🤷‍♂️
naw all joking aside im sure many of us have been through losing a flybox. i try to make a habit of not carrying more flies then ill fish for the day. ive lost a few packed full boxes to ther fishing gods. it sucks to lose 300 in one go for sure.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
naw all joking aside im sure many of us have been through losing a flybox. i try to make a habit of not carrying more flies then ill fish for the day. ive lost a few packed full boxes to ther fishing gods. it sucks to lose 300 in one go for sure.
I’m totally being serious, I was into those mag boxes until hearing this could be an outcome. I have zero interest in that happening to me