Asking central Oregon fly patterns

My mentor, my boss will be retiring soon. I would like to tie some files for him.

He has a second house in Oregon and likes some lakes nearby his house. I think he usually floats by using kayak.

Could you please recommend me some fly patterns working in mid-east Oregon? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

PhilR

IDK Man
Forum Supporter
Go to riverkeeper flies and take a look at his central oregon fly box suggestions. John Kreft is a great guy, and has a good eye for what works in the Bend area. Or just reach out to him. He'll give you the scoop.

That said, RyRy's and BCO's suggestions are spot on. John would probably also suggest some flying ants, but otherwise that's the array for East, Pauline, and Crane Prairie.

Go to riverkeeper flies and take a look at his central oregon fly box suggestions. John Kreft is a great guy, and has a good eye for what works in the Bend area. Or just reach out to him. He'll give you the scoop.

That said, RyRy's and BCO's suggestions are spot on. John would probably also suggest some flying ants, but otherwise that's the array for East, Pauline, and Crane Prairie.
It's awesome webpage, thanks a lot.