anyone using this emerger line?

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
just spooled up this up SA's new ghost tip...first time I've used a midge line, 5-foot clear intermediate tip (1.25 ips).
Suggestions on rigging multiple fly leaders with it?
1706467672537.png
"1706467672537.png

Last edited:

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
Not that specific line, although I’m sure it’s as good as the other contemporary SA stillwater lines. But I have been using midge tip lines for the last 12-15 years. They fill a niche application for me but when the fish want that presentation, they want it. And it’s a super fun way to fish. I’m usually casting to bulges in the shallows or near weeds.

Dragon Mo

Keep Calm - Drink More Whisky
Forum Supporter
I've used a Teeny Invisi-Tip for several years. It has a 3 clear tip section. I don't use it very often as an intermediate line or floating line with a long fluoro leader does the trick in most cases. I'd say just rig your multifly leaders as you normally do.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
I have one similar from cortland that is primarily a shallow streamer line for streams. On the lake for multi fly configuration separate flies by about 3' and use droppers. Emerger near the fly line, buzzer middle, wet on the end if you want it to sink, muddler or booby if you want them all to stay near the top (or another emerger or chironomid). Basically a "washing line" I guess, for working slow. Mine usually ends up leech on the end, olive willy in the middle, damsel nymph up top. Or 2 leeches deep and a willy up top. Just don't fish midge emergers too much, and usually it's on a floating line, or the old slow sink floater..