Anyone use a blackstone (or other) griddle? Do you like it?

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
Considering getting a griddle as I work on building up my "outdoor cooking" world. I know a few of you have griddles, anyone have a Blackstone? How many burners do you like? Is blackstone more "name" than performance and I should look elsewhere? Walmart has this 2 burner version for under $200, seems like a good deal:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-2-Burner-28-Griddle-Cooking-Station/164875852

I also have a three burner camp chef and I suppose I could get one of their big ass 2-3 burner griddles that sit on top. But to be honest, that seems like kind of a pain in the ass since I like using the burners on the camp chef for other stuff and those griddles look heavy AF to move around/store.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Got one this summer, it's pretty nice. Cons are gas usage, inefficient heating of a large surface. The 28" one seems like goldilocks, the 36" is way too much. Also on the 28" I have the option to only heat half the griddle. Haven't made it through the first take of gas yet.

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Josh, I have 2 of them, one electric that I use in the house and the other a gas model that lives in the Casa. Since I am single I have the single burner models, the single burner gas is a perfect fit for truck camping and offers a lot more cooking space than a 12'' frying pan. I have cooked for small groups on it and done quite well, I like having space to move things around and find it convenient even when cooking for just one, stir fry, hashbrowns, etc.

In the kitchen I do bacon, eggs and hashbrowns on it regularly, pancakes, french toast and about anything else that requires a large flat surface. There are probably better and more expensive models out there but I am happy with mine and no longer travel with a gas or charcoal grill in the Casa. Both appear well made and durable and so far have failed to piss me off with glaring engineering deficiencies like so many products do.

Dweddy89

Smolt
I had the 36” and that was just way to big, unless your feeding a small army. I sold it and bought the 17” “adventure ready” model and could not be happier! It’s perfect size to burn 2 steaks on a weeknight, or make 10lbs of fried rice.

The only slight con I can think of is the grease trap gets clogged but you just to push the “flavor” out into the trap. I’ve seen YT videos of people making the hole a bit bigger but it’s not a huge deal it me.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
They are not the sturdiest, little wobbly, but if you have them on a level surface and are a little gentle it's not a big deal. Also the side tables are useless because they get so hot. Have a secondary table to put stuff on. Otherwise, for the price, they are decent. I got the 28" when it went on a similar deal at lowes, $200. Cooking bacon outside and not smelling up the house for a day are worth it IMO.

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I have the Camp Chef with a cast iron flat top for one of the burners and it kicks butt. Nice and packable, easy to clean.

Josh

Dead in the water
Staff member
Admin
I have the Camp Chef with a cast iron flat top for one of the burners and it kicks butt. Nice and packable, easy to clean.
Just the single burner one? Honestly, I think I might have one of those around and I never used it. I should see if it isn't rusted out and give it a try

dep

Steelhead
I got the 28" Blackstone this summer and I really like it. not using it regularly, but I have had very good results. the side surfaces do get hot.
it is fun to cook on.
I got mine on Brad's Deals website for 217.00 and it came with a soft storage cover. I would like, and will eventually buy, the hard lid for it.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Agree with @Dweddy89 - we got the 36" for work (cooking burgers for the crew, etc.) and while it's great for large groups (we're cooking for 100+ folks), it's way overkill for backyard fun cooking. They are pretty damn sweet though. Heck, we even did breakfast burritos for the crew a few times, worked fantastic.

Roper

Idiot Savant, still
Forum Supporter
They are not the sturdiest, little wobbly, but if you have them on a level surface and are a little gentle it's not a big deal. Also the side tables are useless because they get so hot. Have a secondary table to put stuff on. Otherwise, for the price, they are decent. I got the 28" when it went on a similar deal at lowes, $200. Cooking bacon outside and not smelling up the house for a day are worth it IMO.
The smell of bacon cooking, I love it…

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
Considering getting a griddle as I work on building up my "outdoor cooking" world. I know a few of you have griddles, anyone have a Blackstone? How many burners do you like? Is blackstone more "name" than performance and I should look elsewhere? Walmart has this 2 burner version for under $200, seems like a good deal:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-2-Burner-28-Griddle-Cooking-Station/164875852

I also have a three burner camp chef and I suppose I could get one of their big ass 2-3 burner griddles that sit on top. But to be honest, that seems like kind of a pain in the ass since I like using the burners on the camp chef for other stuff and those griddles look heavy AF to move around/store.
Don't be a p$%$y. Heavy as hell? What a bunch of amateurs. 😉

They make 1, 2, and 3 burner griddles for your 3 burner camp chef. Plus you can still use it. When I had my 3 burner (90 model aka 16") I had all 3 griddles. You can simply buy the 1 or 2 burner griddle for your 16" series stove and still have 1 or 2 burners available for pans, coffee pots, etc.

Jerry Daschofsky

The fishing camp cook
Forum Legend
I've used tons of different griddles over the years. Hell I even help redesign griddles that are used today. I do like the steel griddles over the cast iron ones. No patina to upkeep since steel doesn't really have a patina like you'll see with CI.

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Ever since I got the Ninja outdoor oven, I plan to sell my grill and replace it with a gas stove and griddle. The grill just isn’t versatile enough. Below is what I plan to get. I’ll mostly use it as a plain gas stove, but the ability to turn it into a griddle will be useful for entertaining. They have 1, 2 and 3 burner options.

On a related note, the Ikea modular outdoor kitchen system is good and cheap.

Chad D.

Smolt
I’ve had a 3-burner Camp Chef with a heavy steel 2-burner wide griddle that fits it perfect. I used the crap out of this thing for camping trips over the years, but it weighs a ton…

When we bought our RV, it was no longer convenient to pack the the big Camp Chef. I picked up a Blackstone 22” with the hooded lid and adjustable stand. I also grabbed a non-regulated hose that allows us to plug right into our RV LP system. It fits our typical camping needs much better than the big dog, and does a great job cooking. Cleanup is cake, and it is much easier to pack and set up.

I haven’t used the CC since, should probably sell it…

dep

Steelhead
I’ve had a 3-burner Camp Chef with a heavy steel 2-burner wide griddle that fits it perfect. I used the crap out of this thing for camping trips over the years, but it weighs a ton…

When we bought our RV, it was no longer convenient to pack the the big Camp Chef. I picked up a Blackstone 22” with the hooded lid and adjustable stand. I also grabbed a non-regulated hose that allows us to plug right into our RV LP system. It fits our typical camping needs much better than the big dog, and does a great job cooking. Cleanup is cake, and it is much easier to pack and set up.

I haven’t used the CC since, should probably sell it…
I'll buy yours and sell/give my two burner CC to my son