Anyone try the ECHO Streamer X?

I used to have the St. Croix Bank Robber and loved it for streamers. Currently throwing Methods in 6 and 7 wt configurations and a TCX. Wondering if anyone has the new Streamer X and has a opinion to share on it. Good, bad, great, other-worldly? Would love to get some feedback on the rod. Thanks all!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Why did you get rid of your bank robber?

I don't have the streamer x, but I'm also interested to hear what folks think of them.

G_Smolt

Legend
From what I remember of the BankRobber, the StreamerX is a fairly similar rod...both have Kelly's fingerprints on them, including similar handle configurations (which I personally don't like, but, whatev).

I haven't fished the StreamerX but I have spent some time parking lot casting it (7wt) - if you want a rod that can throw meat where you want to, when you want to, you'll like it. It is a fast, powerful rod, and pretty damn fun to cast.

mtskibum16

Life of the Party
Looks pretty good. For the price though it seems like the Loomis IMX Pro Streamer would be stiff competition it seems.

What else would be worth considering in the mid price range? (Can’t believe $500 is a mid priced rod these days)