NFR Any Guesses What These Mean?

Non-fishing related

Mark Yoshida

Deep Line & Vertical
Forum Supporter
My neighbor just texted me she is having her gas line updated and they also had to find the utilities and communication lines. I had no idea that any communication lines would be buried in my alley.
I guess it’s good to always call before digging like the TV commercial says.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
Ziply fiber cable runs under the ground at that location
Those Ziply contractors punctured the gas line two houses down from my place. Took many hours to get that resolved. They were/are the most unsafe working crew of Hispanics I have ever seen.

Over-rated: that cheap labor. 😉

MVDan

Smolt
Those Ziply contractors punctured the gas line two houses down from my place. Took many hours to get that resolved. They were/are the most unsafe working crew of Hispanics I have ever seen.

Over-rated: that cheap labor. 😉
I work for a large telecom and half of my work group deals with locating and protecting the local and national fiber cables. From my understanding we are the only company that locates their own cable, most companies contract the work out. I have heard some horror stories, most of the time it’s not the guys digging, but the contractor hired to mark the utility's.

Mark Yoshida

Deep Line & Vertical
Forum Supporter
Ziply fiber cable runs under the ground at that location
Thanks for info. I went to their website and entered my address and it came up as not found.
i have lived here since 1986 and never seen any cable company dig or ask. All our communication lines appear to be overhead. Curious as to what they found and marked as being underground in a dead end alley.

MVDan

Smolt
Thanks for info. I went to their website and entered my address and it came up as not found.
i have lived here since 1986 and never seen any cable company dig or ask. All our communication lines appear to be overhead. Curious as to what they found and marked as being underground in a dead end alley.
they may not provide service to your address, but have fiber cable through your neighborhood that creates connections from one area to another. You may have comcast, AT&T, and Ziply fiber cables running down one street and can only get service from century link. The aerial portion that you see is going to be from your local provider( most of the time). Also, Ziply was formerly frontier/verizon not too long ago.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Put in your neighbors address as the locate ticket is under their address, since they are having the gas line work done.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
Locates will also mark that they have nothing there. It's been 10-15 years since I've dealt with them so what I remember may have changed.

FinLuver

Native Oregonian…1846
I work for a large telecom and half of my work group deals with locating and protecting the local and national fiber cables. From my understanding we are the only company that locates their own cable, most companies contract the work out. I have heard some horror stories, most of the time it’s not the guys digging, but the contractor hired to mark the utility's.
Problem was…
This wasn’t located by anyone.
Ziply was stringing cable on the wires above and was either grounding or securing a section of cable at ground level. I suspect they felt safe because a wooden power pole was next to the gas line/ driveway, so they drove a piece of rebar into the ground. Man, those line are under a lot of pressure…it looked like a dusty dirt fountain. There is now a yellow gas line stake next to the power pole.

On a side note and additional on the Ziply crews working in my town…

They have driven rebar stakes, leaving about a foot above ground, creating a safety trip/impalement issue. They have also been walking into people’s back yard without permission…they didn’t communicate this project very well.

Last edited: