Another small blue line…

Fourbtgait

Steelhead
Finally got up to our favorite camp spot this year. Can always count on catching some no matter the season. Even a 3 wt is to much rod, but fly choice is easy, though this time I did try 3 different attractor, really didn’t matter which.

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1178.jpeg
    IMG_1178.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1179.jpeg
    IMG_1179.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1180.jpeg
    IMG_1180.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1181.jpeg
    IMG_1181.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1183.jpeg
    IMG_1183.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1186.jpeg
    IMG_1186.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1184.jpeg
    IMG_1184.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 68

Flymph

Steelhead
Finally got up to our favorite camp spot this year. Can always count on catching some no matter the season. Even a 3 wt is to much rod, but fly choice is easy, though this time I did try 3 different attractor, really didn’t matter which.
I'm told that "Sasquatch" eats all the larger fish? See any footprints? :D Nice pics!

speedbird

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I release almost all the fish I catch. But I will say that camping out in a spot like that, I might have been tempted to cook a couple of those fish stuck on a stick over a campfire.
I'd cook the Brookies up guilt free. When it comes to keeping native trout though, I give myself a budget that includes catch and release mortality. Assuming 5% mortality, I would need to catch and release 20 fish to end up killing one fish. I give myself a choice between the catch and release budget, and taking one fish for a taco and being done.

That said, I am a terrible trout fisherman so this moral dilemma will probably not be tested for quite a few years

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
I guess I just have fond memories of small trout cooked on a stick over a campfire. Having butter definitely adds to the culinary experience. Of course it comes out to just a few bites of fish meat, but on rare occasions, those small bites of pure wild fish are something worthy of the effort IMHO.

Chadk

Life of the Party
I guess I just have fond memories of small trout cooked on a stick over a campfire. Having butter definitely adds to the culinary experience. Of course it comes out to just a few bites of fish meat, but on rare occasions, those small bites of pure wild fish are something worthy of the effort IMHO.
I'm with you that. Trout on a stick is the way to go. That smokey flavor and crispy skin is hard to beat. And the smaller stunted brookies are the best - no big bones to worry about, just strip out that head and backbone and enjoy!!