NFR Another fly fishing member and friend has passed away: ABITNF - Glenn Lario

Non-fishing related

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I never met Glenn but we exchanged PM's and a few text messages over the years and I had hoped to meet him on my trip to the Kamloops area this past May. He died shortly before my trip to BC; I only learned of his death today.

Glenn went by ABITNF (A Blaze In The Norhtn Sky - a fly shop in Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island), he went by Squamish Poacher on WFF. Glenn was a nice man, a talented fisherman and generous. RIP ABITNF!

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
I never knew him personally but definitely recognized the handle Squamish Poacher. He was a ubiquitous presence on the boards that I always recognized as someone that probably had a lot more experience and knowledge than me.

RIP Glenn.

Otter

Steelhead
Glenn was a super nice guy, and also a very thoughtful and respectful Fisheries Officer, dedicated to protecting our fishy friends. If interested, you can hear the depth of his connection to fish and to all of our environment, in this podcast:
From 6:15, he shares his experiences and thoughts while serving as a fisheries officer.
He is very much missed.

If anyone's in the neighbourhood in mid-October:

Glenn Lario - Celebration of Life​

Pacific Playground Resort at Oyster River, Saturday October 14th at 4:00pm
Potluck Dinner

Accommodations can be booked at 250-337-5600

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Glenn was a super nice guy, and also a very thoughtful and respectful Fisheries Officer, dedicated to protecting our fishy friends. If interested, you can hear the depth of his connection to fish and to all of our environment, in this podcast:
From 6:15, he shares his experiences and thoughts while serving as a fisheries officer.
He is very much missed.

If anyone's in the neighbourhood in mid-October:

Glenn Lario - Celebration of Life​

Pacific Playground Resort at Oyster River, Saturday October 14th at 4:00pm
Potluck Dinner

Accommodations can be booked at 250-337-5600
Thank you very much for sharing this!