Advise to young guys ( fishing related)

Kilchis

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Just like that.

F7BA185E-44F9-40F5-A2A7-A6FC0F508D2B.jpeg

Literally. At noon I was strong as a horse and feeling fine except for a little am-I-gonna-fart twinge in my belly. At 2 the next morning I arrested while a surgeon was pawing through my guts trying to find a leak. When I left the hospital I was an old man.

Last edited:

dirty dog

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I do miss those days when I would slid down a steep bank, hang on to roots and brush to get to a fishing hole on some lost river.
Just last summer I stopped along Hwy 138 and started down a fisherman's trail for a couple hundred yards when I came to the straight down to the boulders and log jams 30' below.
So I walk back to the car and drive to the easier trail to the easier to walk along gravel bars to fish.
Fishing the steep and deep is not for me these days

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
The older I get the more time I spend thinking about the weird beauty of the desert southwest (and less about fishing). Have fun out there, find some cliff ruins and petroglyphs...
Careful. You might be heading down that Robert Plant 29 Palms road. Next thing you know rock stacking and crystal shows enter the picture. Then maybe low dose DMT exploration sessions. Stick to fishing young people.