Non-Fly Above bonny thread fall salmon

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Must be a Pyramid lake local.

The pro bass tours outlawed devices allowing you to stand higher than the deck of your boat because guys were taking ladders out for sight fishing.

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Where's dude flossing? Isn't the water relatively deep? I feel like flossing in the mouth in deep water would be tough to do.
He fishes water 5'-18'. It's not tough to do. You need a long leader and line that can hover at the depth hundreds of fish are moving through. In this situation flossing in the mouth is less likely than hooking up on other body parts and that's why you see so few of his fish brought to the net head first.

Jagosh

Smolt
He fishes water 5'-18'. It's not tough to do. You need a long leader and line that can hover at the depth hundreds of fish are moving through. In this situation flossing in the mouth is less likely than hooking up on other body parts and that's why you see so few of his fish brought to the net head first.
It’s an odd situation given that he releases fish even when you can retain them. That’s some good eats thrown back there.

Snopro

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
It’s an odd situation given that he releases fish even when you can retain them.
Probably an accident. After he is required to release 20 in a row because they are either snagged or steelhead, muscle memory kicks in on the legal chinook he caught as fish 21....and let it go. :LOL:

It's a little breezy in HR. How has fishing been for you today?

PnwChrome

Fishing with Big Mike
Forum Supporter
Time to start calling him out on the water. Make him uncomfortable. If enforcement isn't, someone has to. I'm sure @Jagosh has some good tricks up his sleeve :ROFLMAO:
I've learned over the years that confronting or arguing on the river does me no good, folks won't listen and then I get pissed and now my day ruined.

Jagosh

Smolt
Probably an accident. After he is required to release 20 in a row because they are either snagged or steelhead, muscle memory kicks in on the legal chinook he caught as fish 21....and let it go. :LOL:

It's a little breezy in HR. How has fishing been for you today?
We cancelled. I was looking for shorts and flip flops fishing which is usually automatic this time of year. It hurt to see those counts and I can’t get up there until next week. I do think it was the right call, 30 mph gusts is no fun even if one stayed inside.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
We cancelled. I was looking for shorts and flip flops fishing which is usually automatic this time of year. It hurt to see those counts and I can’t get up there until next week. I do think it was the right call, 30 mph gusts is no fun even if one stayed inside.
This is totally shorts and flip flops weather. Anything more is too damn hot

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Where's dude flossing? Isn't the water relatively deep? I feel like flossing in the mouth in deep water would be tough to do.
Up on the fraser, the sockeye program is a tiny barrel swivel (that can pass through the guides), 2-4 oz round weight clipped to the swivel and a 20+ft leader with corky and yarn. That rig flosses deeply, from the bottom at the weight 12-15 ft deep and up to 6-7 ft at the corky. Gotta have a buddy to pop your weight off before you land it. Sockeyes, kings, steelhead.... they all get flossed.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Up on the fraser, the sockeye program is a tiny barrel swivel (that can pass through the guides), 2-4 oz round weight clipped to the swivel and a 20+ft leader with corky and yarn. That rig flosses deeply, from the bottom at the weight 12-15 ft deep and up to 6-7 ft at the corky. Gotta have a buddy to pop your weight off before you land it. Sockeyes, kings, steelhead.... they all get flossed.
Thanks for the tip!