A very decent casting

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Fly rod.

So for the helluva it and I don’t have a true 5 weight set up I bought the TFO Pro II 950-4 and slapped a Ross Cimarron c-3 on it with a Rio DT Mainstream 5 weight. Did some grass casting and after a few minutes I think I dialed it in some. This is a nice casting tool. A quick glance and and all the thread and trim work is great. Cork is kind ??? Like the double lock rings. Nice graphite spacer. Love alignment dots and the gold line to fit the reel. Definitely oversized guides compared to other top tier mfgers selection.

I bought this off STP for 79.99.

Think this can handle a more aggressive tapered line. It’s a medium-med-fast action type. Gonna try to hit the water with it in next two days. See how it really does.

Cork… when wet you can forecast the near future pitting coming.

IMG_2989.jpegIMG_2988.jpeg

Last edited:

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Fly rod.

So for the helluva it and I don’t have a true 5 weight set up I bought the TFO Pro II 950-4 and slapped a Ross Cimarron c-3 on it with a Rio DT Mainstream 5 weight. Did some grass casting and after a few minutes I think I dialed it in some. This is a nice casting tool. A quick glance and and all the thread and trim work is great. Cork is kind ??? Like the double lock rings. Nice graphite spacer. Love alignment dots and the gold line to fit the reel. Definitely oversized guides compared to other top tier mfgers selection.

I bought this off STP for 79.99.

Think this can handle a more aggressive tapered line. It’s a medium-med-fast action type. Gonna try to hit the water with it in next two days. See how it really does.

Cork… when wet you can the near future pitting coming.

View attachment 68499View attachment 68500
950-4? ;-) I have several TFO rods and find them to be true values.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
The Pro series has always been a good value and performer in the TFO lineup.
For $79.00, it’s a ridiculous value.
SF

Last edited:

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The Pro series has always been a good value and performer in the TFO lineup.
For $79.00, it’s ridiculous value.
SF
They had several more available when I bought mine. Only knock down is no tube, but for 79.99 a good rod and a cloth slotted sleeve I will not cry one bit. Great value.