A Pen Lake Today

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Well got a late start got to the lake at 1pm by the the time i got in the water was 1:30 fish to 5:30 with 12 on landed 9 should have went 11-12 knock two off trying to net them. Biggest was a 22 inch Buck hook jaw played it a long time didn't want to kill it to take photo but manage to take one. All on the top fly this new fly i tied is deadly I am never going to show it. I been to three lakes an it has out perform all of my bottom fly which is a semi seal leech, I think it should get a name I'll call it the Improve Blonde that should keep the SS Flyfishers guessing. That's all folks!!!;);)

Attachments

• IMG_1333.jpeg
    IMG_1333.jpeg
    916.2 KB · Views: 122

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Back to this lake today arrived 12pm caught a fish just in front of boat launch said to myself going to a good day. Well as it always works out catch that fish as soon as in water the rest of the day slow. Manage 5/9 with the biggest in picture below.

Attachments

• IMG_1348.jpeg
    IMG_1348.jpeg
    806.3 KB · Views: 89

Shad

Life of the Party
Fatty!

Yup... when you get a good one right away, it's usually time to head home, but damned if we don't always get sucked into thinking that early hog is a sign of more good things to come LOL. It's a big part of what makes us anglers....

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Travel back to this lake today went 15/22 all on wet line just wasn't taking the bobber action most was like the picture only 3 fifteen inchers. The fish in the picture was the only one I caught that was dark the rest was bright chrome fish.

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    782.6 KB · Views: 50

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Travel back to this lake today went 15/22 all on wet line just wasn't taking the bobber action most was like the picture only 3 fifteen inchers. The fish in the picture was the only one I caught that was dark the rest was bright chrome fish.
Some serious girth!

BigSplashTom

Steelhead
Nice Lue Those are way better fish than what was going down in east Renton last week.
Any of those pigs go airborn or did they just stay low with the solid tug.

Lue Taylor

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Nice Lue Those are way better fish than what was going down in east Renton last week.
Any of those pigs go airborn or did they just stay low with the solid tug.
A few did a top water dance before going down had that one in the photo right by launch thought I was stuck in the weeds even put slack in the line thinking it was took about 5 minutes to get in.

troutstalker

Born to Fish...Forced to Work
Forum Supporter

Congrats sir. Any idea what's going on with the tail of that fish?