NFR $5 for 5 beers buckets? Do those exist?

Non-fishing related

ffb

Chum Bucket
Forum Supporter
Just curious. Why has beer gotten so expensive? I understand that the price of everything is up, but even the mass-produced utility beers have increased in price faster than most things.

On the plus side, I really like the local craft beers. Worth the premium. I just wish my German grandfather was around to share some with. He used to call American beer "Pinkel Wasser". Back then he was right. I'm sure he'd be pretty impressed with some of our good craft beers now.
Grain prices for brewing have skyrocketed the last 6 months. Last year's malting barley crop was down about 30% due to poor growing conditions/drought. Still expecting more malt price increases this year. Aluminum can prices are through the roof as well. Hop prices have remained fairly stable at least.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This is sad I know, but on some Friday nights after work when it has been pre-planned to go the the local restaurant (a three block walk ) I will have a shower beer at home just to help knock off 7-8 bucks off the tab, from the usual two/three, now one less beer I order at restaurant, and both good beers but the shower beer cost $1.75 from the local grocery store 🤓

Last edited:

Sturubu

Smolt
We had $1 Rolling Rock and$0.1 chicken wings at our ocal College bar, but that was about 30 years ago...however, Rolling Rock sells up here for something like $25 / 18 pack here and there, so maybe there is hope? It still gives me hiccups though.

cedarslug

Steelhead
Hard to do dollar drafts or bucks of beer for $5 when the price of everything is going up. A bar near us does a $4 Rainier Tallboy.

More power to Georgetown Brewing doing $8 dollar growler fills.