2022 Garden Thread

Vandelay Industries

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
My wife is looking at purchasing seeds soon. The start is just around the corner.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
We have the seeds, just have to move out the overwintered plants from the seed house, disinfect and ready to go.

mcswny

Legend
Forum Supporter
Last week we planted
12x Rapini
12x Quartre De Saison Lettuce
6x Little Gem
12x Bunching Onions
6x Pink Celery
12x Celariac Root

And a we have 18x White Swan Echincae, 18x Wild Bergamot and 36x ornamental grasses going.

I don't have the luxury of a green house so this is all under LED grow lights in the basement. Not ideal, but it works.

B

bennysbuddy

As a want to be lazy gardener, are these grobucket a solution to everyday watering in a green house or are they a wishfull gimick ?

Aufwuchs

Steelhead
What's your favorite PNW tomato's ?
I always grow Taxis, which are an early small to medium yellow tomato that taste delicious and consistently provide a goid yield.
Last year I tried a couple of new varieties I really liked which were Cherokee Carbon and Bobcat.

Last year we started our tomatoes in the house in January which was too early. Will be waiting until later this month this year.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I like Mortgage Lifters, Roma - Corleone variety if you can find it, and Jet Setters this season

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Cour di Bue for paste or sauce tomato.
Black Krim for a slicer.

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Forum Supporter
I guess the are not the next new hot thing in gardening
Ok I watched, they definatly are not my style. But I grow a lot, lot lot of plants in ground. If your looking to do a few tomato plants on the deck, maybe? I've never tried these. Give it a shot.

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
What's your favorite PNW tomato's ?
Favorites about 50 that i have been saving seed from for 20 to35 years. Off the top of my head i will see what i recall(all open pollinated heirloom varietals)

Red zebra, black zebra, black fro tula, black prince, Japanese black trifele, cuostrallee, costoluto genovese, dora, delicious, earle of Edgecomb, Candle Flame( my cross), Red Prince( my cross) gregoriis altai, great red, great white, polish linguisa, marvel stripe, cherokee purple, red strawberry, ananas noire, giant golden dixie, mortgage lifter, giant belgian, caspian pink, orange strawberry, Black, orange banana, Red Currant( candy for grandkids) Old German, Morotomo, Thessoloniki, I ran out of gas/ memory stick full

B

bennysbuddy

Ok I watched, they definatly are not my style. But I grow a lot, lot lot of plants in ground. If your looking to do a few tomato plants on the deck, maybe? I've never tried these. Give it a shot.
i have a greehouse but I'm looking for a away besides my programable mister system to keep my indoor grown vegetable alive while I'm gone on extended week or more vacations& was hopeing somebody has tried these for patio gardening