2022 Garden Thread

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
I'd like some recommendations. My rear fence line has been over run with some type of flowering weed.

I've got 10lbs of weed killer in powder/granular form, but cant seem to find a sprayer or broadcaster that would allow me to apply it without climbing up on the rock wall to do so.

For reference that wall is about 7 feet high

So, again, what I can't seem to find is a non agricultural (as,in farm size) sprayer that will handle granular herbicides .

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20220622_135951.jpg
    20220622_135951.jpg
    967.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Warm out, so regular watering is now on the to do list, been nice not having to water every day.
Plants are happy, things are looking pretty good, so an after dinner garden tour with some beverages will be on the agends tonight.
:)
20220617_071331.jpg

Enjoy the sun, even if it is too damn hot.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Warm out, so regular watering is now on the to do list, been nice not having to water every day.
Plants are happy, things are looking pretty good, so an after dinner garden tour with some beverages will be on the agends tonight.
:)
View attachment 19937

Enjoy the sun, even if it is too damn hot.
Nice
How about all them slugs?
There seems to be a slug population boom this spring.
I’d rather do regular watering than regular rain. I’m sure you’re in the same mindset
Your place looks good

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
Nice
How about all them slugs?
There seems to be a slug population boom this spring.
I’d rather do regular watering than regular rain. I’m sure you’re in the same mindset
Your place looks good
Thanks
My better half hates slugs, and ther has been a bumper crop this year for sure. She goes on a slug hunt with scissors and cuts them in half, she will not touch one, but no problem killing them.
Hopefully the warm weather will put a stop to the slug problems, yard is full of dried slug parts.
Lol

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
Thanks
My better half hates slugs, and ther has been a bumper crop this year for sure. She goes on a slug hunt with scissors and cuts them in half, she will not touch one, but no problem killing them.
Hopefully the warm weather will put a stop to the slug problems, yard is full of dried slug parts.
Lol

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
We rarely see slugs we have snails big ones carrying their house on their back and they are good climbers. I use diatomaceous earth barriers . Aluminum foil cut up like shrapnel inside surrounding cutworm collars on small starts and if I get truly fed up I use Sluggo which is pet safe.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
The attentive gardener…

Weeds listened to their high browed, well bred neighbors sighing in the heat while they agreed as if through telepathy, “ we got this.“

Salmo_g

Legend
Forum Supporter
Got home from Montana the other night and saw yesterday that my gardening efforts this season are amounting to a disaster. Mrs. Salmo watered things as the weather finally warmed, but something is raising hell out there. Hardly any carrots remain, only 5 green beans in two rows have survived, and zero onions from transplants that were started in the house on a south windowsill. That was the second planting of carrots and beans, and third planting of onions.

I'll try, try, try again.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Got home from Montana the other night and saw yesterday that my gardening efforts this season are amounting to a disaster. Mrs. Salmo watered things as the weather finally warmed, but something is raising hell out there. Hardly any carrots remain, only 5 green beans in two rows have survived, and zero onions from transplants that were started in the house on a south windowsill. That was the second planting of carrots and beans, and third planting of onions.

I'll try, try, try again.
It’s been a weird year