#1....

GOTY

Steelhead
After this recent tour de force I figured he'd steal your login and start booking trips in Forks. DO = Zero to Hero! ;)
My login name came about because 10 years ago (or whatever it was) I put Dan on a steelhead, hence guide of the year. Thankfully Dan caught this fish solo, otherwise I'd have to give up this account to whoever was with him 🙏🙏

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Nobody ever "put me on fish". Lol
One interesting fact, in all my years of striking out, I never once witnessed a fish hooked nor landed on the swing by anyone else that day.

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I dunno, with the clearly trampled-ass bank, I’m pretty sure he (cough cough) “euronymphed” that thing out of Tokul Creek with the ol’ Spey pole.
Dude, can you imagine showing up at Tokul with a 14' spey rod and just start euro-dredging? Back when Tokul actually got fish. Haha!
Fight starting in 1, 2, 3....

GOTY

Steelhead
Nobody ever "put me on fish". Lol
One interesting fact, in all my years of striking out, I never once witnessed a fish hooked nor landed on the swing by anyone else that day.
It was the ah*** fish. You were reeling up and stepping out of the run when we yelled from the boat to keep fishing. 10min later hambone. Almost broke 6 ankles running down the gravel bar. Evan is forever net man of the year.

Last edited:

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
It was the ah*** fish. You were reeling up and stepping out of the run when we yelled from the boat to keep fishing. 10min later hambone. Almost broke 6 ankles running down the gravel bar. Evan is forever net man of the year.
ohhhhh. okay yeah. I had shit filled waders that day! Thought that was why you wanted me to stay down river!

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
My login name came about because 10 years ago (or whatever it was) I put Dan on a steelhead, hence guide of the year. Thankfully Dan caught this fish solo, otherwise I'd have to give up this account to whoever was with him 🙏🙏

I can’t believe that was 10 fucking years ago. I remember reading that saga like it was a couple years ago.

DO, if it’s been that long, and you fished that much, you can call this first steelhead a +10. You are going for your 11th steelhead IMO. Many guys lose or land 10+ steelhead a day (supposedly) so you might as well make some up. Pro steelhead tip: lie your ass off. Most people will believe you.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I can’t believe that was 10 fucking years ago. I remember reading that saga like it was a couple years ago.

DO, if it’s been that long, and you fished that much, you can call this first steelhead a +10. You are going for your 11th steelhead IMO. Many guys lose or land 10+ steelhead a day (supposedly) so you might as well make some up. Pro steelhead tip: lie your ass off. Most people will believe you.
Okay...........................................................holy shit, I just caught another.

Divad

Whitefish
I’m new to this saga, didn’t play on the old site much. But didn’t DanO catch a steelhead already that was a sky jack?

If that’s the case and the puck got shifted to needing a larger catch, I think it’s only fair to shift the puck again for a wild fish with a fly tyed in all natural materials.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Thanks guys. If this weekend I should maybe set the winter hatchery steelhead record ill just kick the bastard back in the water. Bleh. Blasted hatchery fish. Bleh. Just watching that missing adipose cartwheel on top of the water that day still makes me sick!

Nick Clayton

Fishing Is Neat
Forum Supporter
Holy shit. I step away from the interwebz for a few measly months and the world goes topsy turvy.

Big congrats my man. I hope it was everything you dreamt it would be.

I'll be perfectly honest though....now that DO has swung up a steelhead I'm not even sure how to feel. Like, what is the point of the internet anymore??

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
Holy shit. I step away from the interwebz for a few measly months and the world goes topsy turvy.

Big congrats my man. I hope it was everything you dreamt it would be.

I'll be perfectly honest though....now that DO has swung up a steelhead I'm not even sure how to feel. Like, what is the point of the internet anymore??
What's the point of swinging for steelhead anymore? Anyone can do it

JS

Mankie Old Chum
Forum Supporter
I’ve got 20 for that! No adipose fin tho, only adipose tissue