“Favorite “

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
I didn’t get very many days on the water last spring/summer/fall for a variety of reasons, but this is a photo I took on a bluebird September day on a west side stream that makes me smile to think about. I got lucky and caught a few plump and healthy ‘bows to cap it off.

Share your favorite day from last season…

Granger ”Favorite” and an old Young reel from the’20’s

1643581757725.jpeg

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
It is hard to pin down a favorite. But this day was pretty darn spectacular. Dawn patrol chasing big bugs with good friends is hard to beat.

DSC_3421.jpg

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
This whole trip with my dad was great but this afternoon in particular stands out. I had found some actively feeding fish and went and got my dad and set him up in the fishin’ hole with good results.
D22170BD-6A83-48D3-AAE5-FCB631EF67DA.jpeg
93309093-64B1-44B2-9A20-996AB3143710.jpegF6D49331-C2AA-4EB8-AE73-022569C67D30.jpeg

Dave Westburg

Fish the classics
Forum Supporter
Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 12.12.51 PM.png
Can't let a "Favorite" post go by without talking about the Malloch's Favorite. A scottish wet fly which I fish as a mayfly imitation on high lakes. It reminds me a little of the Quill Gordon.

Tip: Silver tinsel
Tail: Ginger hackle.
Body: Stripped peacock quill
Hackle: Blue Dun hen
Wing: Woodcock

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
This whole trip with my dad was great but this afternoon in particular stands out. I had found some actively feeding fish and went and got my dad and set him up in the fishin’ hole with good results.
View attachment 1773
View attachment 1772View attachment 1774
I can see why that was a special outing with your Dad. Memories of times spent with our Dad’s are the best.

I lost my Dad almost a year ago to the day. I treasure those times we spent together camping, fishing a little, but mostly the dozens of Fall hunting seasons we spent together.

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
View attachment 1788
Can't let a "Favorite" post go by without talking about the Malloch's Favorite. A scottish wet fly which I fish as a mayfly imitation on high lakes. It reminds me a little of the Quill Gordon.

Tip: Silver tinsel
Tail: Ginger hackle.
Body: Stripped peacock quill
Hackle: Blue Dun hen
Wing: Woodcock
Beautiful flies, as usual Dave!